+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    My good news today is that my mom had gallbladder surgery and it seemed to go really well. My sister was with her and she called to tell me that mom was only in recovery for about 15 minutes before she was demanding to go home. I was kind of nervous about it. I know that gallbladder surgeries are very routine, but I've known of two people that had serious complications. They were the exceptions, obviously, but the only two experiences I'd had with it. So i'm happy she's doing well.
    Oh Star, I'm so happy to hear this! I had mine out in '04 and it was very routine. My mom had hers out on 2/15 of this year and is still battling the complications. I guess it's because she's 77 and I was only 35, but still!! I hope she's still doing great!!! I know it changed my life

JP - that's WONDERFUL news!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    JP...I'm here at work and when I read your post that you won the court case I just wanted to jump up and scream WOO HOO! I've been reading your posts and hoping good news would come from it...I'm so thrilled for you that it did!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    We can into an unexpected $1000 yesterday.

Boy did that make a HUGE difference in life this week!!!!!

Unexpected money is always the best kind!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lildago, I somehow managed to miss your post about the gas station incident. How frightening for you! I am so glad you and your son are alright. What a lesson for us all. Good Job!

JP, great news about the girls. They are lucky to you and your family in their lives.

Rosie, a little extra $$$ is always a good thing.

myrosiedog - lucky you! I'm going to be in Ohio for Easter visiting family. Big wave to Unklescott and all my other buckeye pals here.
    Count your blessings!

It's little news, but I'm so excited!

In less than 48 hours, I'm hopping on a plane to go to Arizona for a week!!!

Nothing but playing golf all week, sleeping in till 9am, laying out in the sun or in the pool, and relaxing. It's gonna be great

giz
    I'm not sure, I think this is good news. There's a job I really want and today I saw it posted as being for people who already work there only. I know there will be lots more of this position coming up, but wanted to see if they'd changed the policy and were only going to hire internals. So I called and got put through to the boss (which was somewhat embarassing as I don't want to seem desperate or bug her unecessarily). She said that they will be hiring externals later, and that they would not keep interviewing me if they were not interested. I think I've got a master's degree in reading too much into stuff, but I thought perhaps she really does intend to hire me at some point. That would be so great. If I could get this part-time job (which has amazing benefits and is in a really really nice workplace), coupled with my other part-times I could save up for a holiday for me and the kids, and not worry so much about being able to support us (if my husband gets sick and can't work, or stops paying support for some reason or Something!).

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    That's great news, Giz. Best of luck.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Tonight is opening night for the play that I am in. The rehearsals have been a blast and I am in four scenes so I am really looking forward to it
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Best of Luck to you both Giz and JLuvs.

What's the play JLuvs??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread