+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Woohoo marybethp!!! That was fast! How is the little darling?
    Count your blessings!

I finally got DSL, since it's now less than $30 here...now I can go all over the FORT with blinding speed. Just one problem; I can't post any more than usual, 'cause I did not get DSL for Queens-- you know, to make me type really fast, or any fast at all. That part is still stuck at the same speed or lack of it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm going to be an aunt

After almost a year of trying and one miscarriage, my sister announced today that she was pregnant. We are very excited for her and my BIL. They are still cautious because of the previous miscarriage, but are hopeful. If it's not too much to ask, would you mind sending them some positive thoughts/prayer? Thanks!

Great news! I remember you posting about her miscarriage. I wish her all the best!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Just wanted to give you all an update on my SIL.

She is now home and has been there for a week.

The twins are still inside: one is 4.6 pounds and the other is 4.8 pounds.

She has been given the green light. So next time she goes into labour they won't stop it and I will be an Auntie again.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Congratualtions JLuvs and DesertRose on becoming Aunties-to-be! Very glad to hear the twins are bigger and healthier and ready to come into the world whenever they are ready! That sure was a bit of a scare.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hey Jluvs and Desert Rose thats great news being an aunt is awesome.
    Misskitty-Thats great about finding a nursing home that your (BaBa?) likes. Its so important to find a Skilled Nursing Facility that the family likes especially with all the lawyers out there suing them.
    Everyone else with good news congrats
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

OMG! Haha! Remember how I said I was cut from going to the Choir Olympics in China? Well, I'm back in the team! I decided to take a fellow FORTer's advice (forgive me for not remembering your name, thank you for the advice!) and approached my choir teacher and asked whether I was going to China or not and and she was all, "Oh well Mrs. Liza already told you all.. blabla.. but okay, I'll just give you (me and my friends who got cut) another chance to reaudition and hopefully you all will make me change my mind! " so I practiced and well.. on the day of the audition all of it just paid off! My choir teacher was like, "Oh.. You did so much better than the last time we met!" So.. yeah! I'm not so sure about my other friends because the teacher didn't really say whether we're in or not but I have a pretty good feeling almost all of us are. I'm not giving up hope and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

MRD
    I posted a long, whiney email on tell us your troubles about somethings happening in my life right now, but one of the things mentioned is actually a good thing.

I had weight loss surgery many years ago. I lost weight, but then got very, very sick and spent 2 years trying to find out what was wrong with me. The dr. said lupus, Ms and bunch of other scary things. I had days I couldn't even get out of bed. I spent 2 years in a fog. 2 years of my life where I will never get it back, couldn't work, enjoy my family or anything. They finally found out that it was complications from the WLS I had. I got put on special supplements in Sept. and have been feeling GREAT ever since. But I still need the previous surgery fixed as it was not done correctly and that is the cause of a lot of my health problems.
    I go in on March 8 for the surgery and I am excited as I look forward to finally getting my life back to normal, returning to work, enjoying my life and just generally being who I used to be. I am so glad they finally figured out what was wrong and its fixable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bigmacs - that was me (not that it matters) but I'm so glad you got in! Congratulations. rosiedog - Here's hoping it all works out well. How many people actually get a chance to greatly improve their health. I'll be here for you. Yesterday in the mail I got: 1. a letter my mom shared with me that my dad (with alzheimers now) had written to her parents 3 weeks after they were married -sweet! 2. My passport. 3. The info on the child I'm supporting through PlanUSA. She is 3 years old, from Egypt, named Amaa. I look forward to corresponding with her and her mom.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread