+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

We found out today that my Baba gets into a nursing home on Monday! . And it's the home that was our first choice too! . We are so happy and relieved. She'd been waiting in hospital for over a month now and they needed the bed desperately. Good things happen when you pray hard and send lots of positive energy to the universe! I wonder if they let kitties visit?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That is teriffic news, misskitty!

Misskitty, a lot of the homes DO let 'therapy pets' visit. Maybe you can check and see if this one does. (although I'm afraid even the cats I've seen visiting them on AP and stuff do at least have to wear a harness and leash to control them) I bet some of the other folks in the home would love to have a fuzzy visitor too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

great news miss kitty!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

dagwood - may I suggest looking in the boys/mens section? Figure out what her size would be there (usually 2 sizes smaller) and see what the selection is. I buy men's shoes for myself all the time. I'm glad she got new shoes. I buy clothes and shoes for my little sister (Bib B./Big S.) sometimes if I notice she needs them because I know what a struggle it is for her mom. Her birthday is right before school, so that was an easy back-to-school occasion. misskitty - glad things worked out for your Baba. Certainly ask about kitty priviledges!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Dagwood---what a nice school!! You, and she, are really lucky!

It is a great school. It is in a poor area so there lots of perks like that. Plus, it is a great school from an education standpoint. I was impressed when I found out they separated the kids into three different groups in reading. I like that the kids can learn at their own pace, not get stuck with kids who are further behind or kids that are further ahead. I was worried about it when I first saw the school, but I gave it a chancd and I am glad I did.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    rosiedog - do you know if he can swim with that in? My doctor wasn't at all keen on the idea of a shunt when I was having trouble with chemo. He felt the risk of infection wasn't worth it. I have really been enjoying my swimming and would hate to put it on hold for a year if a shunt made it impossible to swim. I don't even know if a shunt can be left in for that long. I guess if the veins become too much of a problem it is a discussion I will have with my doctor. I'm still "grieving" over this new news. I thought I was just going in for a routine checkup and a pat on the back and he sprang this on me. I'm sure once I sleep on it I'll be ready to put my Pollyanna spin on it.
    I know he was able to shower with it, don't know about swimming.

Well, whatever happens with the veins, just know your doctor is looking out for you for the best and getting this new treatment and its success rate is GREAT news. Perhaps you can find a way to swim with a shunt? Somehow find a waterproof something to go over it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My Gracie-kins kitty is WELL! No more pills. No more wounds for me!

I also met up with an old girlfriend/coworker for sushi. I hadn't seen her in almost 10 years. It was just like old times. We promised never to let that much time pass again.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    My good news for the day is me and the hubby got tickets to see Train at the Beacon Theatre in NYC. Not only do I LURVE Train, but the Beacon is an awesome place to see a concert.

That, and I fit in to my pre-preggo jeans today. It's just a kick ass day in the marybethp household

+ Reply to Thread