+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

That's funny gabriel - my husband thinks I'm his personal warmer for his cold feet and he has raptor nails in addition!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    That's funny gabriel - my husband thinks I'm his personal warmer for his cold feet and he has raptor nails in addition!
    I hope he doesn't put them on your back!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Congratualtions JafosPrincess on your engagement! What wonderful news! We wish you many many centuries of happiness! After all, love is forever!

An update on pilling Gracie. I've now advanced to THREE people AND a blanket! It worked! And no war wounds. She's definitely feeling better which is great. Gracie - 10 Mum - 6
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Thanks guys!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I guess I'll post this here, although I'm sick to my stomach about it. I just came from my doctor and there is a great new cancer drug that will hugely increase the odds that my cancer won't come back, but it's a 3-hour IV every 3 weeks for a year. If you don't know my story, IV's are a huge problem for me... not a fear of them or anything, just don't have the veins for it. Every 3 weeks for a year. I thought I had it all behind me.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I guess I'll post this here, although I'm sick to my stomach about it. I just came from my doctor and there is a great new cancer drug that will hugely increase the odds that my cancer won't come back, but it's a 3-hour IV every 3 weeks for a year. If you don't know my story, IV's are a huge problem for me... not a fear of them or anything, just don't have the veins for it. Every 3 weeks for a year. I thought I had it all behind me.
    But the "greatly increase" part definitely qualifies this as good news.
    However 52/3= 17 sessions... Don't know if it helps to look at it that way?
    I don't know the veins story---this isn't something they can put one of those semi-permanent shunts in for so they don't have to keep finding new veins?
    Wishing you luck.

Gutmutter - thats only 17 times for such a huge odds increase. We're glad you're here to tell us about this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    GREAT news Gutmutter. I too feel your vein pain as I don't have them either.
    My friend's husband has a permanent (semi permanent?) port just under the skin in his upper chest that they use for his treatments. Is this an option for you?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

rosiedog - do you know if he can swim with that in? My doctor wasn't at all keen on the idea of a shunt when I was having trouble with chemo. He felt the risk of infection wasn't worth it. I have really been enjoying my swimming and would hate to put it on hold for a year if a shunt made it impossible to swim. I don't even know if a shunt can be left in for that long. I guess if the veins become too much of a problem it is a discussion I will have with my doctor. I'm still "grieving" over this new news. I thought I was just going in for a routine checkup and a pat on the back and he sprang this on me. I'm sure once I sleep on it I'll be ready to put my Pollyanna spin on it.
    Count your blessings!

Goodluck Gutmutter - a year will go by so fast you won't even notice it (hopefully )!

+ Reply to Thread