+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Next time, misskitty, try wrapping misskittyskitty up in a towel, like a mummy (it has to be pretty snug) , all except for her head; it works to control the cat about 85% of the time and they amazingly don't seem to mind it a bunch*. I used to have a friend who was a vet assistant , and that's how she taught me how to get t pills into cats! It's also a good way to examine a kitty that might be sick or injured, without getting hurt yourself.

*watch out for the 15% of cats that really take offense at this kind of treatment!
    Yeah the towel does work for the first pill. After that they see a towel anywhere EXCEPT the bathroom, well you know the speeds of cars during NASCAR? Try the kitty 500 - 0-400MPH in 2 nanoseconds flat.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yeah! I have good news

I was invited to my first educational conference, all expenses paid! I know I'm a lowly adjunct with one class, but I'm happy! Now to take the time off of my job that actually pays all the bills. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    ...for the first pill. After that they see a towel anywhere EXCEPT the bathroom, well you know the speeds of cars during NASCAR? Try the kitty 500 - 0-400MPH in 2 nanoseconds flat.
    That's what we call NASCAT 500!

I pick her up now and she's starting to flee! Managed two with the help of my two sisters. I've now added two deep nail gouges in my shoulder which are bruised black and red.

Gracie = 8 Mum = 4

I ground up some Whiskas in my magicbullet and added crushed medicine. Didn't work. She smelled it right away. Am going to try putting crushed meds into her hairball gel formual. She usually loves that. I can't get her to hold still enough for the blanket. She freaks!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

my brother has ferrets and he said he puts a crushed pill in some olive oil and the ferret eats it right up. I wonder if that would work / be okay for a cat?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    That's what we call NASCAT 500!

I pick her up now and she's starting to flee! Managed two with the help of my two sisters. I've now added two deep nail gouges in my shoulder which are bruised black and red.

Gracie = 8 Mum = 4

I ground up some Whiskas in my magicbullet and added crushed medicine. Didn't work. She smelled it right away. Am going to try putting crushed meds into her hairball gel formual. She usually loves that. I can't get her to hold still enough for the blanket. She freaks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    my brother has ferrets and he said he puts a crushed pill in some olive oil and the ferret eats it right up. I wonder if that would work / be okay for a cat?
    Won't work! CATS SMELL EVERYTHING..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

huhmm, I've been able to pill cats in the past with little to know blood. When my little one had cancer she was on two-3 pills. I put them all in a clear pill capsule, so I only had to do the process once, not with each individual pill (it was 9.99 for about 100 empty clear capsules) and it masked the smell.

Crushed pills never worked, this always has.
    with cats if they can't see, the don't struggle. I'd take her between my knees (on the floor with her) with one hand cover her face, unlock her jaws and open them and with the other throw the pill to the back of her throat so she couldn't spit it back up. Then either blow on her nose (causes them to swallow) or stroke her gently, well - a little of both, follow with tuna or another treat. Granted, after a while it got a little harder, but even when medicating the fosters that seems to work best - no blood yet!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I have figured out the birthday party for Napolean (my 3 year old). I am going to have it at Mcdonald's playland (niece is the manager) and a Where the Wild Things Are theme. I have found invites, thank-you cards, a poster and everything. I am so excited.

Was also thinking of doing a No David party for my 5/6 year old. But I am wondering if that is too young?? It's his favorite book. He changes David to his name and reads it to me.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I've been accepted to the Franciscan University of Steubenville! I'm so excited.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Contratulations saltyj... Steubenville, Ohio? Rent is out! As promised, I hit Walmart at 7 a.m. and we were watching it by 7:10.
    Count your blessings!

Gut-How good is [I]rent[I]?

Salty-congrats on school!!

+ Reply to Thread