+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    I have a real good friend that has been going through a difficult time. She decided to start one of those home businesses and I've been all for it as I know she would be good at it and it be good for her.

So I offered to host her first party. Only 6 people came, but 4 others ordered and we had $750 in sales. Not shabby for her first time out of the gate. And I'm excited because I get a whopping amount of FREE stuff for having the party and having such huge sales. And her confidence has shot up a whole bunch which is great and she earned some extra cash.

She's doing Stampin Up! which is a rubber stamping company that people use to create handmade cards, gifts and scrapbook pages.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You might suggest that she do more than one product as the market can get saturated before long. Pampered Chef goes over well in this area. People do repeat shows because they like the products so much.
    Count your blessings!

This is more someone else's good news, but it's something that will wash over onto us eventually. The house across the street has gone on the market and they're asking $499,000, which they are more than likely to get. Since we paid $235,00 two years ago (believe me, the cheapest house you can get in this city - also the most hideous), and we've been renovating slowly but surely ever since, we should make a nice recovery when we sell it for retirement financing in about 10-15 years.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wow Rattus - now that's what I would call FLIPPING a house.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    You might suggest that she do more than one product as the market can get saturated before long. Pampered Chef goes over well in this area. People do repeat shows because they like the products so much.
    Actually she's in a good market right now for this as we also scrapbook and know close to 100 scrapbookers that we see at various events. And our Rubber STamping lady quit, so she's moved right into a ready made market.
    Plus, I don't think she can handle more than one thing right now. She has 2 kids, is a court reporter by day and has a very ill husband. But she's very creative and enjoys this and so I am happy that she's found some release from the hectic stress in her life and a creative outlet to do it.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pampered Chef. I have many, many, many of their products.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9 View Post
    Ooooh, PGM, what kind of laptop? That's awesome.
    I was told it was a Dell XPS M170- I just searched the website and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I was told it was a Dell XPS M170- I just searched the website and found this:
    My son got that model for college. He is very happy with it and the big screen is nice for watching DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    My son got that model for college. He is very happy with it and the big screen is nice for watching DVDs.
    Awesome! I was worried b/c I've never worked on a laptop but I wanted to be like everyone else (the 5 others in my office) so I agreed. Looks like we who waited the longest get the best.

I got a new laptop too: a Powerbook G4. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, but there's a whole drama behind the delay. Anyway, it's actually a Valentine's Day gift from my hubby-to-be... and I just received it!

My good news is that I bought Season 1 of Lost and Grey's Anatomy today! I don't own any other tv series on dvd, I just can't afford to buy all the series I like but I had a 10% coupon and a $10 gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I figured what the heck. And I also got the 40th Anniversary ed of The Sound of Music. I'm probably one of the last few people in the world that has never seen this movie. I hope I didn't waste my money! And to top my spending spree off, I got a Michael Buble cd. There are lots of tv series I'd love to have but just can't afford them. If I find them in pawn shops or have coupons, then I might try to build a collection.

My son has Arrested Development Season 1 (we need to get the next ones), all of Family Guy, Futurama, The Critic, Season 1 & 2 of the Twighlight Zone (original series), all of the current Simpsons that's out, and Reno 911. So maybe that's why I don't buy them, I just wait for him to buy them instead But I haven't even watched any of his yet.

+ Reply to Thread