+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I haven't been feeling too good lately, so I didn't get the chance to post my good news.
    Valentine's Day, I had a school board meeting. It lasted quite a while, but at the end of the meeting, each board member was given a bag filled with hand made valentine cards, crafted by kids in grades K-3.
    Among my favorites -
    A card that read
    Mrs. Ana Banana - Sorry that you had a meeting on Valentines Day. That is not cool, but you are.

Mrs. Ana Banana - You are Hot. ( open card) Or Not - I don't really know you.
    Very cute!!!

My good news is that I'm getting a new computer (a LAPTOP) at work! I get to take it home and it has wireless and everything! I feel really privileged.

Ooooh, PGM, what kind of laptop? That's awesome.

It's not that big of news, but I got a 91 on my first college spanish test! I'm happy about that.

My Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition arrived today! It sure has a whole bunch of good articles in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    My Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition arrived today! It sure has a whole bunch of good articles in it!
    My husband's arrived today too. I saw those good articles, Unk!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I finally got part of Gracie's antibiotics down her little throat. She's so squirmy and squiggling around, she's making it downright impossible to "pill" her. As if pilling a cat isn't hard enough. I managed with the help of my sister holding her back end from going into reverse. Four hands are definitely better than two. So tomorrow, I've conned my other sister, and maybe Sat. I'll get my Dad to come by....

8 more days to go..... current score: Gracie 5 Mum 2
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty I've never had to pill a cat even though I have had several in my life (1 right now) But I have successfully pilled dogs using this method. Place the pill as far back as possible on their tongue, close their mouth and grasp it, then blow on their nose and they will swallow. Yeah a dog's snout is easier to grasp and they tend to co-operate a little bit more, but see if that helps you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    misskitty I've never had to pill a cat even though I have had several in my life (1 right now) But I have successfully pilled dogs using this method. Place the pill as far back as possible on their tongue, close their mouth and grasp it, then blow on their nose and they will swallow. Yeah a dog's snout is easier to grasp and they tend to co-operate a little bit more, but see if that helps you at all.

HAHAHAHAHA - funny unklescott - next time Joey needs a pill I'll call you. He would jerk his head so violenty I thought he would snap his lil neck. So I ended up making my best friend stay over for the two weeks and we'd catch joey while he was napping.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Awww. Good try unklescott. You've OBVIOUSLY never tried to pill a cat. You have to catch them first and they know why too! And forget about hiding the pills in treats or something . Too smart for that!

Gabriel knows how difficult it can be. Nice friend you have there! Does he make house calls? to Canada?

My smoke detector battery is going low and it squeeled today. Right when I had Gracie in my arms. I now have a nice deep scratch on my cheek, my upper lip and bottom lip, and chest, from her right back leg as she crawled up onto my head!

I still love her though!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Next time, misskitty, try wrapping misskittyskitty up in a towel, like a mummy (it has to be pretty snug) , all except for her head; it works to control the cat about 85% of the time and they amazingly don't seem to mind it a bunch*. I used to have a friend who was a vet assistant , and that's how she taught me how to get t pills into cats! It's also a good way to examine a kitty that might be sick or injured, without getting hurt yourself.

*watch out for the 15% of cats that really take offense at this kind of treatment!
    Last edited by queenb; 02-17-2006 at 07:32 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Somehow I missed a chunk of this thread so I just wanted to say to Unklescott - contratulations on your daughter's engagement. Remember, you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a dishwasher. And my son already has those "articles' taped up all over his bedroom. My good news? February vacation starts in 6 hours and 15 min.!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread