+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Marleybone - Wow. Isn't that the worst feeling in the world, when you are in the middle of it and have no control? I'm glad you two are o.k.
    Count your blessings!

This will seem very trivial to all of the good news above. I am just glad everyone involved is safe.

My sister-in-law made it to 31 weeks and twins are still inside where they should be. She is still on bedrest and very cranky.

I got a part in another play. Rehearsals start in March.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I guess this is good news. My daughter is engaged. She called me last night to let me know. My answer was "I don't recall any man coming to my house to ask my permission to marry my daughter." I had to give the daughter hell about it. So she put him on the phone and I could tell he was freaking. They thought I was actually pissed off. She has been living with him for awhile and are not planning on getting married for about another year. He's a pretty good guy. He has custody of his son from his previous marriage. So it looks like I'm getting another grandchild.

Marleybone What a scare! I'm sure glad you and Mr. Marley are ok. Uncontrollable accidents like that are a nightmare. Take care and be sure to be checked out, just in case.

JLuvs Great news about your SIL and the twins! Glad to hear they waiting around until it's time! Also, Congrats on your new play! Do you have any pics of you on stage? That'd be awesome to see.

Unklescott Congrats to you as well on your daughter's engagement. She's lucky to have found a really nice guy. I hope all goes well for the happy couple.

Not much here. Just getting over my cold. That's about it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

JLuvs Great news about your SIL and the twins! Glad to hear they waiting around until it's time! Also, Congrats on your new play! Do you have any pics of you on stage? That'd be awesome to see.
    Yep....but I am not posting them on the board
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Dago, just had to post a thanks for your much earlier help with squirrels in the attic- My boss told me a couple of days ago about a similar problem, which he planned on solving with (and I shudder) rat poison! I pulled up all your private posts to me regarding that issue- hot sauce (or tobasco sauce) being the main theme, and I think between the two of us we saved a few poor little squirrel families! Thanks!
    Go Tigers!

Well I had one of my choir auditions, and I think I did pretty good! .. Because I did just so-so on my last one and this time, I think I could actually make it to the group that's going to the Choir Olympics in China. My choir teacher is so intimidating, I was practically shaking when I auditioned. She's very nice and her voice which is so loud and powerful makes my little hairs on my arms stand. I have gone from tenor to bass, for my teacher says, "Your voice is too bright for bass so.. I'm going to have to put you in tenor instead. Isn't that right!". There's one more audition this Saturday, so I'm determined to do my best, because it would do wonders for my "record of extra co-curriculars" in the future, having something impressive like, "Participated in the 4th Choir Olympics 2006" if I ever apply for some good university or something.

Good Luck BigMacsForLife! I'll keep myfingers crossed.

I'm jealous of you. Even though I "sang" in the church choir when I was little, I really can't sing at all! I can play piano, I can dance, but I just ain't got the vocal chords.

You are really blessed to be able to sing, and to do it in front of others!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well I'm jealous of you because you can play the piano! I wished I didn't stop learning when I was much younger.. But it's still not too late to learn though. I'm only fifteen but at the same time if i do it's like, "I'm with these little kids in Grade 1 piano!". Haha! The song we're learning, it's like if I dunno how the tune goes I can always play the notes on the piano, but I don't know how to read the notes let alone play! So that's just my problem.

I haven't been feeling too good lately, so I didn't get the chance to post my good news.
    Valentine's Day, I had a school board meeting. It lasted quite a while, but at the end of the meeting, each board member was given a bag filled with hand made valentine cards, crafted by kids in grades K-3.
    Among my favorites -
    A card that read
    Mrs. Ana Banana - Sorry that you had a meeting on Valentines Day. That is not cool, but you are.

Mrs. Ana Banana - You are Hot. ( open card) Or Not - I don't really know you.

+ Reply to Thread