+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

My sister just dropped in after hearing on the phone I had a cold. She brought me a bottle of Cold FX and a can of chicken noodle soup. Gotta love her!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    My sister just dropped in after hearing on the phone I had a cold. She brought me a bottle of Cold FX and a can of chicken noodle soup. Gotta love her!

How nice that you have a sister like that! My sister would be the one to drop in - take my medicine - and drink my soup and then ask for money

I get to go the hockey game tomorrow: Calgary Flames vs. St. Louis Blues. I'm so excited!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I've been to this thread quite a few times.. just reading instead of posting here, because I don't get a lot of good news everyday.. At least, none that I think I can remember. Ahh..

Well, I auditioned for my school choir a few months last year before the year ended, and it was to audition to go to the 4th Choir Olympics 2006 in Xiamen, China in around.. middle of July. My school is the only school in Malaysia going there so that makes me feel rather proud. And I'm happy I'm going somewhere "overseas" (still in Asia, but who cares!) being the only "overseas" place I've ever been to is Singapore which is like so near to Malaysia. We recently had practices (4 hours every Saturday, I wish I could just sleep in on weekend mornings!) and I think we're doing pretty good. However, there still are "elimination rounds" because the guys outnumber the girls and also because our teacher wants a good choir to represent Malaysia. So I'm kind of scared if I don't make it so I've been practicing my "individual vocals" lately. And I did some individual vocals with my teacher yesterday and I was really nervous and I messed up a bit but eventually did just.. okay. There are soprano, alto, tenor and bass voices and I am.. bass. Hehe.

Oh, and I got new tennis shoes and a pair of sunglasses. I took up tennis, which is a glamorous sport (other than golf.. which is a business sport actually!).

BigMacsForLife Congrats on your great choir singing. I hope you make it through the eliminations and get to go to the Olympics. You will never forget the experience. I'm sure of it. Let us know what happens, ok?

hot_chocolateYou're excited about the Flames? I'm just a wee bit North of you in Oilerville, so I can't be that excited. Mind you, my team happens to suck right now. So I'll go with the Candians rather than the Americanos

And my nice sister who brought me the chicken soup has now come down with her second bought of Bronchitis. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Yep. A bit of medicine relay going on here.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My son rolled his car Sat. The good news is that he is fine - only minor neck pain yesterday. It is his first car - an $800 clunker. It will need a new windshield, driver's side window, lights, and mirrors. I'm just so thankful every time I think of what could have happened and what I'd be going through right now if it had. You all have prayed for me in the past. Is it too much to request a prayer of gratitude on behalf of my son?
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - that is quite a blessing that your son wasn't hurt! Prayer of gratidtude is certainly in order.

My good news is about my 16 year old son. He went to a solo and ensemble festival on Saturday. He performed a solo piece and was rated by a judge. When he finished, the judge said "I am speechless. I have nothing to say. I don't think this has ever happened." We waited on pins and needles for more than an hour!! Finally - the score came in a PERFECT 1!
    Then his High school vocal ensemble performed - missing 4 students due to the flu. After their performance, the judge spent a great deal of time pointing out their "flaws". We waited another grueling 25 minutes and again - we scored a 1!! We now go on to the State competition in March. My son has been asked to sing in a "Best of the Best" competition to be rated as a top 10 vocal performer in the state. He is very nervous and is taking the time to think about it, but I sure hope he does it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Is it too much to request a prayer of gratitude on behalf of my son?
    You've got it, Gut! Sounds like he had watching over him.

Ana, that's cool news! I hope your son does it too. Keep us posted!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My son rolled his car Sat. The good news is that he is fine - only minor neck pain yesterday. It is his first car - an $800 clunker. It will need a new windshield, driver's side window, lights, and mirrors. I'm just so thankful every time I think of what could have happened and what I'd be going through right now if it had. You all have prayed for me in the past. Is it too much to request a prayer of gratitude on behalf of my son?
    Not too much at all, I will add him to my own prayers of gratitude. My husband and I were in an accident Friday night. We hit some ice on top of a viaduct and he lost control, hopped over the median and spun out in the oncoming lane of traffic and crashed into the concrete wall on the other side. I've got some swelling and pain over my ribs since my side of the car took the impact, but other than that we both walked away and are fine. We were lucky that it was a concrete wall and not just a guardrail, that nobody was coming in the other lane, and that we didn't flip or roll. We are waiting to find out if the car is totalled or not.. all the antifreeze drained out while we were waiting for the tow truck and it's pretty crunched. Gut, I know how scary it had to be for you, and I'm glad it was us and not one of our kids. I'm so glad your son is ok, that's the most important thing.

Not too much at all Gutmutter! You tell him Gabriel was looking out for him.

Marleybone - Thanks that you and hubby walked away from that accident. If either of you has any pains that continue for any period, you get yourselves to a doctor. We care!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread