+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

canuckinchile Take photos and get phone numbers for gabriel! Where are you moving to?

BTW, my bus leaves in an hour! Going to see my sweetie this weekend Have a great weekend everyone!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I got a job for the summer. A research project in environmental radiation physics (yes I find that interesting) The good part is that we get paid for three months (a scholarship which I think mean no taxes) but are expected to work for two months and then write a report. I still have another job pending but this is something I could take as a backup. If so let's hope for a good summer since it's outdoor work.

femmefatale Congrats on the job. Sounds challenging!

I went to the gym for the first time in 7 years with my sweetie. I managed 10 minutes on the bike, 20 mins. on the treadmill and 30 min. of stretching and mat exercises! I needed a two-hour snooze after that and I'm pretty sore, but so proud of myself. With CFS and other health problems, that is a great day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    canuckinchile Take photos and get phone numbers for gabriel! Where are you moving to?

BTW, my bus leaves in an hour! Going to see my sweetie this weekend Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry, been off line. We moved south to Santiago I am taking a few moments before I go off to buy a new fridge. What was really funny was I was looking at some Westinghouse side by sides, and of course all the buttons are in english. The spanish salesman was explaining what they meant, and I didnīt have the heart to interupt and remind him that we spoke english (which is pretty obvious if you hear me speak spanish... )

Hope you had a great weekend.

I too have been away for a while! My reason is that I JOINED THE GYM! And I am actually GOING! Sorry for yelling, but I am really proud of myself for following through. When I started, my waist was 33 inches. It is now 30 inches. I have lost 0 pounds (so far!) but the change in my body so far is nothing short of miraculous, and I have only been going three times a week for one hour a stretch, for one month! Wish me the power of continuing, please, and for all of you who are like me, (saying you will, but not there yet) if you start, it WILL make a difference.
    Go Tigers!

Congrats Snoopy! What you said is so very true. Even if you don't lose weight right away, working out makes a difference in your shape, strength and flexibility. I once fit into a size 1 pair of pants and had a 22 inch waist. But I wasn't healthy at all. And couldn't open a bag of potatoe chips. Keep it up ... just the increase in your self-confidence is coming through already!

Congrats Snoopy on your willpower. I keep starting and stopping on the treadmill. I have some good tunes on the Ipod shuffle now so that should help get me back on track. Keep up the good work!

Miss Kitty, I NEVER had a 22 inch waist even at 2! (well, maybe at two)
    And Archie, my ipod shuffle is my driving force! And get off the treadmill and onto the eliptical trainer- that thing along with the weight machines is my miracle!
    Go Tigers!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    SNOOPY- I am one of those "I need to lose weight/go to the gym" people. I am going to haul my lard down to the YMCA and sign up. I did it once before, but it was a 1 hour drive. Now they have built one in my town. I am inspired and going to go. Thank-you and CONGRATS!!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

JAFO and snoopy - I am also newly rejoined at the Y and I can't get over how GREAT it makes me feel. I do weights and swim MWF before work and a workout video at home the other mornings. I swim on weekends if I'm free when there's lap swim. Good luck to you both!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread