+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Gutmutter, since she is into animals, is there a zoo that you can visit where you live? I like the idea of buying her an inexpensive pet, like an hermit crab. I don't know how old your little sister is, but my friend's 5 year-old has an hermit crab and he loves him. Plus, they almost take care of themselves.

Gutmutter, a hermit crab is a great idea! I got conned into buying a pair recently by the crab salesman at the mall and my pleading 4 YO. I thought for sure I'd regret it but they're really low maintenance...just a pinch of food every couple days and wet the sponge daily. They have really neat painted shells. Lily got a bright pink one and picked a baseball one for her little brother. I have a couple of bigger shells for the crabs to move into as they grow. The plan is to let Lily paint them herself. Maybe you could your little sis paint a shell!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great idea lildago! My sister suggested starting a scrapbook of our activities with my new digital camera. I took a couple of pictures of her yesterday with my dog and had my daughter take a few of us together. We're going to start making valentines next week. By the way, I would like to encourage anyone who reads this to consider becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister. It is only a 2 1/2 hour committment a week and makes a huge difference in a kid's life.
    Count your blessings!

HaHA! The drain problem I posted about in the troubles thread has magically resolved itself. After I woke up this morning to a sink mysteriously full -- again -- of black water (how? HOW? How did it come IN, and it wouldn't go OUT?) I'd about resolved to call the landlord. But I came home tonight and *poof* empty sink. My ostrich approach -- pretend the problem isn't there, and maybe it'll go away -- appears to have worked.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh, Lucy, I hope you're right about that ostrich approach! I'm not sure I'd be that confident.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    The Ostrich approach usually works for me.

Me too, Marleybone! I've had great success with the Ostrich Method!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The ongoing saga of me getting my own mortgage finally ended yesterday. After hunting high and low for a mortgage company that would work with me and give me a half way decent rate on a fixed rate mortgage and after weeks of cleaning up the title from various liens and issues. I have my own mortgage and my ex signed the quit claim deed so I have my own house. Yeah! I'm saving about $185 a month over the old mortgage.

This has been so stressful on so many levels.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

nlmcp - I love happy endings. Now burn a bundle of sage throughout the house to disperse any negative energy.
    Count your blessings!

It's not really "good news" but I'm excited anyway. Since it's exam week, I get a week off school.

+ Reply to Thread