+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I took my last (or final or whatever, I won't have to take another anyway) oral exam on Thursday and it went so well, according to me anyway. And yesterday I got the results and the examiners agreed and gave me the highest grade . I have one more written exam left in seven weeks, then internship and then writing my Master's thesis. After that I'm done with uni. I felt so good to get the high grade because I've been studying like crazy for the past couple of weeks and now I'm free to enjoy the weekend!

Congrats Jluvs and Femme fatale.

My son turned one on Tuesday and we are having a Baby Einstein themed bday party for him this afternoon. I can't believe it's been already a year since he came into the world. He's been a clown ever since.

This is great news, but not mine!

My hometown is now Heart Transplant Capital of Canada! YAY for all the amazing surgeons, and transplants teams and nurses! And many thanks to all who donate their organs to keep our little ones and big ones here on earth for awhile longer. Including all the donors from The United States! Here's a bit of the news.
    (Sat, January 21, 2006)
    Heart capital of Canada--Record number of transplants done

Cardiac surgeons at the University of Alberta and Stollery Children's hospitals set a Canadian record in 2005 for the number of heart transplants performed.

Fifty-four heart transplants - 38 in adults and 16 in children - were done at the two Edmonton hospitals last year, officials said at a press conference yesterday.

"This is great news for people, because the alternative for people on the list who do not get hearts is death."

"Every child who has needed a heart and has been placed on the list in the last three years has got a heart," said Dr. Ivan Rebeyka, Stollery's head of pediatric cardiovascular surgery...

... credited the hospital's team of seven cardiac surgeons - and its growing reputation across North America as a heart-transplant centre - for the program's success. "If (U.S. hospitals) can't match a person, they call us."

Many of the hearts used for transplants in Edmonton are flown here from the United States.

Koshal said the heart transplant program will improve even more with the opening of the new $194-million Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute...in 2007
    --------------
    I hope the only reason you visit Edmonton is not for a new heart, but if that's the case, you're in good hands.!
    SIGN YOUR DONOR CARD
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    femme - that's awesome!!
    Jluvs - good for you - I've only been up close for 1 concert and it was so fun being that close!

Premium Member
    My son leaves in the morning for Fargo, ND for the district competition for the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts College Theatre Festival. The winners will go to Washington D.C. for the national competition. A representative from the Kennedy Center was at one of his plays last fall and chose him to go along with one other girl from his college. He is not expecting to get past the first round but he's so excited for the opportunity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he is wrong.

What fun, Marleybone! Keep us posted on the results!
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    I will. We probably won't hear from him until he gets back but he promised to call if he advances past the first round.

marleybone Our fingers and paws are crossed for your son! WHoooeee. A star is soon to be discovered!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    marleybone Our fingers and paws are crossed for your son! WHoooeee. A star is soon to be discovered!
    We have all our fingers and paws crossed here in THE DOG HOUSE, too, Marleybone!!! We're hoping for the very best!!!

Today is my Little Sister's and my first anniversary (Big Brothers/Big Sisters). Any ideas (soon!) on what we can do on a Sunday morning to celebrate? So far my ideas are to go to the local bakery and pick out some sort of yummy for a treat and then take the dog for a long walk in the woods. She is really into animals. Maybe we'll go to the pet store and pick out some sort of little creature that can be her pet at my house (hermit crab maybe). She wanted me to buy her a $35 book on wolves last week at the bookstore, but that is too steep for me (and I don't want to encourage her to be greedy).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread