+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 829 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120520 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose
    Yes, I'm much happier to be posting in here today than in the 'Share your troubles' thread!! But I found out great news yesterday! A proposal I wrote for research funding (I'm a research engineer in the bioengineering discipline) was APPROVED for $225,000!!!! This likely means my contract will be extended and I can continue work on a project that I've devoted most of the last 2 years on. Wheeeeeee!

And thanks to everyone else for sharing their great news! This thread always cheers me up.
    It is so cool when the grants go though. Congratulations! Now all you need to do is hire a postdoc to help you with your work and buy a bunch of new equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose
    Yes, I'm much happier to be posting in here today than in the 'Share your troubles' thread!! But I found out great news yesterday! A proposal I wrote for research funding (I'm a research engineer in the bioengineering discipline) was APPROVED for $225,000!!!! This likely means my contract will be extended and I can continue work on a project that I've devoted most of the last 2 years on. Wheeeeeee!

And thanks to everyone else for sharing their great news! This thread always cheers me up.

Congrats to you Spoose!!

I like good news! Congrats to y'all who have the extraordinarily good news! I wish I had some to share too.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Wanted to share some happy news with you all. My neighbors dog followed someone out of the driveway, and apparently got lost. We were all afraid of the worse, and went looking for her the past two days. When I came home from school this afternoon, over in the neighbors yard was the doggie. She had found a home with one of our neighbors a few miles from us, and they had been searching for her owners. They fed her roast beef and potatoes and made her a big comfy bed. We were just elated that she is home safe and sound.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congrats Spoose

Glad the doggie found his rightful home canadian bunny
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Congrats Spoose

Glad the doggie found his rightful home canadian bunny
    Me too Combat I went over to the doggie and gave it a big welcome home hug.

Congratulations to everyone's good news...loved your doggie story, CB.

We found out last night that our daughter was selected Student of the Month for her senior class. They select 10 kids/year, and there are almost 1,000 kids in her class, so it's quite the big deal. The school holds a banquet at a restaurant, and her teachers, and Mr. Rose and I say great and wonderful things about her, they televise it on our local station, and pictures go in the newspaper. I'm just a little proud.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That's so wonderful, Roseskid! You have every reason to be proud - that's quite an honor. And they televise it too - how fun! Give her hugs from us for a job well done!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    That's great news Rose. You and Mr. Rose must be very proud of her and you have every right to be. Congratulate her for us.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

GREAT news, roseskid!!!!! I think thats just so wonderful!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread