+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Iím very fearless and solid, so it didnít bother me to come upon this Ė but I may have to start carrying a concealed Pomeranian around town with me, just in case. . . .
    Pom - do you need a permit for one of those?

Seriously though, so glad it turned out ok.

Thanks for the imput! I think you're right. I'm not going to be in any "touristy" areas and will be with my friend's family and friends while I'm there. Thanks again.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Pom - do you need a permit for one of those?
    Yes, you do, and Massachusetts is well-known for having some of the very toughest Pomeranian laws in the country, so I won't even try!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Luckily all's well, and I'll check back over the weekend on others' good news!!!

My mom is taking my daughter for the weekend. I think I'm going to do nothing the next two and a half days but eat food that's still hot, sit in the quiet and stare into space, and sleep.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Sounds like a fun weekend, Star.

My good news is that we are taking home overtime again! Also, I just got the property tax notice on my house and they went down $60. One of the perks of living in a mobile home is that they depreciate in value so your taxes don't continue to soar.

Stargazer - how lovely for you! I relish any alone time I'm able to squeak out. Be sure to do something nice for your mom - box of chocolates, flower arrangement, thank you note - so she knows how much you appreciate it. I'm just so happy to have my energy back. Today I took down the Christmas tree, vacuumed, took all the Christmas stuff up to the attic, did a load of laundry, went to the dump, and took my 2 kids to a swim meet - all before noon! Now I'm going to do that FAFSA. Any minute now.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    My mom is taking my daughter for the weekend. I think I'm going to do nothing the next two and a half days but eat food that's still hot, sit in the quiet and stare into space, and sleep.
    You don't realize what a luxury it is to eat hot food and sleep late until you have kids! Good for you, Star! I'm with Gutmutter. Send your mom a card or flowers or something to say thanks.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Latest good news: My daughter got a job at Radio Shack, and she passed her latest math HSPA tests. She's finishing her senior year (of high school) at an adult night school, and only has a few classes a few nights a week. She just doesn't need that many more credits to graduate. This is a godsend, as she doesn't become distracted by who's wearing what, or what kind of sneakers, or cute boys, or who's with who, ad nauseum. This was all a horrible distraction for her at her prior high school, and her grades were falling, and she was starting to mouth off to teachers, etc. I wish they had this when I was in school! She's doing beautifully, goes to her class, sits down, listens to the teacher and does the work. And no distractions. Trust me, it's not ADD or anything like that, it's just behavioral. And going to school with the richest, most stuck-up kids you can imagine. Kinda like the high school in The O.C.!!

And it's almost all past us now. She'll graduate in June (it's not a GED; it's a high school diploma - just not from her previous school). (Who cares?) and can move on with the next phase of her life, hopefully minus all the high school drama.

Oh! The other good news. I went online to get my credit report from Experian, and there were a bunch of things in there that I disputed. I just got the update today, and I'm pleased to say they deleted a SLEW of stuff! Nice! I'm going to get the credit report from the next place in April, and then the next one in August. Every four months from the Big Three, and make sure it's totally clean.

shayna's mom - good for your daughter! I teach middle school, so I know all about how social drama can affect performance in the classroom. I'm impressed that she went the extra mile to finish. I hope you're giving her lots of positive reinforcement.
    Count your blessings!

3 days have gone by with no good news?! Then I'll have to double post. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and got an all-clear on the cancer. Then I submitted my passport application so I can go to Kenya this summer. Then I went swimming for the first time in 8 months! (The 2 week post radiation waiting period ended today). Then I put money in the bank so my daughter could take her commercial pilot test (which she will sail through with flying colors!). Life is good.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread