+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Geek the Girl - I'm so relieved for you. My good news is that I got my home computer running again! I was sure it was a goner, but I paid for a telephone support person to talk me through some really obscure procedures and it worked!! Now I can do my daughter's FAFSA.

CONGRATS, Gutmutter!!! I've missed seeing you, and now we can catch up 'cause I'm online at home more often again, too.

Now I just need to know if poor Stargazer got her new laptop yet, too? I think of her "spilled drink accident" every time I set my drink (coffee, water, root beer, etc.) ON THE FLOOR, next to my bed, 'cause I never want to spill stuff on the laptop.

That's great news, and I'll be back to check on everyone else's great news, too!!!

Well I finally buckeled and bought an MP3 player. I chose the Dell DJ Ditty. It is Dell's version of an IPod Shuffle. I chose it because of a) the price, and b) it has an FM tuner. When I am out doing my walking, I like to listen to a weather report every now an again - cannot do that with a plain old MP3 player. And, to help support the pink ribbon brigade, I purchased the Susan Komen package - pink ear buds, pink arm band, pink "skin". Looks all girly and cute!!

Here is my device

Cool, Ana! I've been thinking of getting an IPod but now I'm going to check this one out. for you on getting the Susan G. Komen package!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey
    My good news is that my guardian angel drank her coffee today!!!

On my way to the office, as I rounded the corner from a side street to another at my usual wicked quick pace, I stumbled upon an unnerving situation unfolding right out in front of our doorway.

What I stumbled into was a situation where one guy was holding and waving a switchblade in front of another guy, and the two of them were at a standstill. This was right out in front of my officeís front door.

By the time I put on my brakes I was about 2 feet away from them.

I froze and backed up when I realized what was going on, and I pulled out my phone to call 9-1-1. Fortunately the guy being threatened managed to dart aside and head up one street, and the guy with the knife snapped the blade shut and ran down another street.

It happened very quickly, and nobody was hurt, but we few bystanders were shocked to see that on our sidewalk at 10:30 a.m. It was too late to call the police Ďcause the guys would have been long gone by the time the police arrived.

This reminded me of a story I read on the train in the Boston Herald a couple of days ago (found at http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=120626).

Iím very fearless and solid, so it didnít bother me to come upon this Ė but I may have to start carrying a concealed Pomeranian around town with me, just in case. . . .

Yikes, Pom, I'm glad you're okay!!!

Yikes! It sounds like you could have been drawn into something very ugly. Glad you're ok. I just read a travelers' advisory warning against travelling to Kenya... a very strong one. Apparently Americans are big targets for terrorists there and also violence in general. What do you think? Should I ignore it? This was on an official goverment site where I went to find where I could submit my passport application.
    Count your blessings!

Pom!! So glad you are okay. I certainly would have had to turn around, go home and change my pants after seeing that up close and personal.

I don't know Gutmutter, I have never traveled abroad. Maybe a travel agent could best advise you. I believe Americans are terror targets no matter what country we are in. 9/11 taught us that.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I was able to use the eliptical machine at the gym for the first time in a while without worrying about my asthma. I only used it for about 15 minutes, but I felt good. Over the holidays, one of my lungs was having trouble working because of an infection, but all is fine now. Thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Yikes! It sounds like you could have been drawn into something very ugly. Glad you're ok. I just read a travelers' advisory warning against travelling to Kenya... a very strong one. Apparently Americans are big targets for terrorists there and also violence in general. What do you think? Should I ignore it? This was on an official goverment site where I went to find where I could submit my passport application.
    If I had a chance to go to Kenya, there would have to be a full blown civil war going on to keep me away! It's my understanding that these traveler's advisories are not always due to anything nearly that major, and there are usually 'safer' and 'less safe' areas that you should be aware of...kinda like here! After all look at Pom's story; that would be very scary to come upon anywhere, but what if you were in a foreign country--scarier! I vote, look into it further, and check into specific areas, if any, that you need to avoid.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Iím very fearless and solid, so it didnít bother me to come upon this Ė but I may have to start carrying a concealed Pomeranian around town with me, just in case. . . .
    A concealed Pomeranian might not be a bad idea, Pom, just in case!

Gut, I agree with queenb. See if you can get info about specific areas to avoid. It's the trip of a lifetime! I'd hate for you to miss it when you've looked so forward to it...for so long!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread