+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Long term subbing jobs are good, JLuvs. I was a sub for 5 years before I started a regular gig. I learned so much then that I use now. I had long term positions with the alternative students, preschool, music, Spanish, and middle school ancient history. I really didn't want to do the alternative one, but I learned a lot about how to handle behavior problems. My good news today is that I shaved my legs. That may not sound like good news to you, but it is a good sign that my body is getting back to normal after chemo.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Yesterday was a good day, we found out my younger son's $400 worth of college textbooks are covered by the student loan and my older son stopped by with news that he got the police officer job that he applied for. They hired 12 out of 400 applicants. Of course the downside of that is that now my son will be on the streets of our capital city and that will be just one more thing to worry about. I guess we moms never stop worrying about our kids even when they become adults.

My great news is that I've had the lump in my breast checked out, and it looks like I have nothing to worry about! I have yet to take a needle biopsy just to confirm the diagnosis, but according to the ultrasound, it is a case of fibroadenoma. A fibroadenoma is a benign breast lump that is made up of fibrous and glandular tissue. Apparently, it's very common among young women like myself.

Although I never allowed myself to even think about the possibility that it could be something more dangerous, this is an enormous relief. I couldn't be happier. Now I just have to face my fear of needles Since it's for a good cause, though, I'll try to be brave about it.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Great News GeektheGirl!! See, prayer from your FORT friends is pretty powerful stuff!

CCL
    Great news jluvs - nice to have a steady gig sometimes. I hope it's an enjoyable job.
    Congrats on both your sons' good news Marleybone. I'm sure your older son will be a fine cop & I hope he has a long (and safe) career.
    Last but not least, geekthegirl - that is great news.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

geek the girl, that is awesome news. I'm so happy it wasn't more serious.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Awesome geek the girl! That is wonderful news.

Great news Geek the girl

Geek the Girl - I'm so relieved for you. My good news is that I got my home computer running again! I was sure it was a goner, but I paid for a telephone support person to talk me through some really obscure procedures and it worked!! Now I can do my daughter's FAFSA.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Now I can do my daughter's FAFSA.
    OOooo... FAFSA. I have to do that too. It was a nighmare the first time, now it's not too bad.

+ Reply to Thread