+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

HappyCynic, I am so happy that things turned out great for you. Looks like your sister just needed time to process the news. You seem to have a good support group.

HappyCynic - you are so blessed to have such supportive and understanding friends and family. My eldest son, heterosexual, has a friend who told his family that he was gay. They banned him from their home. Recently, he stopped by for a visit. It was the first time I saw him since he came out. Poor kid was afraid to come to my house too. I wrapped my arms around him, and he cried like a baby. That poor kid feels so alone, and it makes me ill to think his own family is treating him so badly. So, be proud and be thankful.

reading posts - I can't even spell humourous before coffee. sheesh

Ana Bannana - Thank You for being there for this young man, it is appreciated I am sure not only from him, but others as well. My heart goes out to him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    CCL, thanks for keeping my husband's company in business. He drives a truck for our local Canada Dry
    I do what I can, combatcutie.

Congrats on the great grades, Critical. Well done.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had sent an e-mail to a cottage resort on Cape Cod in mid-December reserving a cottage for July. The owner just called me back and confirmed that we have the cottage closest to the beach. As we haven't been on vacation since 1997 other than one week up north and two long weekends in Montreal, I am so happy that I'm totally awake for the first time since December 25. This place meets both my needs (stimulation [it's in town] and beach) and Mr. Rattus' needs (rest and a reasonable amount of solitude). Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey
    Critical, CONGRATULATIONS on those awesome grades!!! I always knew you were smart but you're even better than that – you're wicked smaht!!!!

Rattus, I'm thrilled to hear that great news!!! That's going to be a memorable trip, and I'm glad you got everything you wanted.

I have good news to report: my father came out of the hospital several days ago after going through a very rough ride of congestive heart failure. He was even in over Christmas, but we're all glad to have him home.

I'm cooking a 19 lb. turkey tomorrow to take over to their h ouse so that he can have a belated Christmas dinner!

In other good news, my ADT alarm guy figured out why my phone line and Internet connection's been so awful: there is a radio station coming through my phone line!!

Verizon's sending a repair crew to my house tomorrow morning to get that thing filtered out, once and for all!

Life's good and that's nice!!!

*looks over at Pomeraniac * verry good news!

Rattus - great on that cottage, enjoy it!

Critical -good grades are always a reason to HIP HIP HOORAY
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Great news about your father, Pom! I'm sure the Pomeranians will love turkey dinner.

Rattus, the cottage sounds like an awesome get-away.

My good news is that after nearly all night and most of today, my daughter's fever finally broke. It peaked at 104.2 earlier and totally freaked me out. I called the doctor and they weren't really concerned with it being that high. The nurse said just alternate between Tylenol and Motrin. Great, only I couldn't get her to take any. She finally gave in and took Tylenol and an antibiotic when I threatened her with a suppository. Didn't take much convincing when faced with that alternative!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Great, only I couldn't get her to take any. She finally gave in and took Tylenol and an antibiotic when I threatened her with a suppository. Didn't take much convincing when faced with that alternative!
    You mean mommy you! You should be... actually I'm at this. Why? Because my Mom used to threaten me with those too, and it worked every time.
    And I hope your kids get well soon. I'm sorry for all the sick people I've seen around here lately, but sick kids are even more pitiful.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

First good news that comes to mind (not earth-shattering, though): I have two little parakeets I inherited from someone who should never have any pets, let alone delicate little parakeets. This was right before Easter vacation started last year. So I don't know their histories, except they came from pet shops, and one is a few years old. The younger one, Tiny (he's blue), only knows me, as the owner literally emptied him into a cage at my place after she "lost" Sweetie's (the green one's) companion out a car window. She ran out (in the rain, no less - nice weather to transport a bird in) and picked up the first one she could at a pet shop nearby. What a dip she is! We stopped speaking to each other a week later for totally different reasons.

Anyway! Sweetie seemed to start getting sick Monday almost two weeks ago. She had an upset stomach, pretty much stopped eating, etc. I've had birds all my life, and parakeets just aren't the hardiest. I can't afford an avian vet at this time, and all I could do was stand by and watch her. I mean, I live paycheck to paycheck. Then the blue one wasn't eating and had questionable droppings lol. I was walking around miserable and angry at myself that I can't afford to take these guys to an avian vet at this particular point in time. Anyone who has birds and is fortunate enough to be able to take them knows how expensive it is. I lost a 21 year old cockatiel in June 2004 to a tumor, and prior to that it was over $300 for them to try to treat him. One visit. I can't even talk about it, or all the emotions associated with losing a bird I had for 21 years.

So the good news is that overnight (just about a week later, in fact), they started eating and acting normally and their digestive systems look like they're functioning properly. All I can do is go "whew" and watch them as much as I can. I always say "Never again will I get another parakeet"...

+ Reply to Thread