+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Gut, that is fabulous news- my mom did great just like you- but she now has a mysterious addiction to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! (That was her comfort while going through it all) But she also had a renewed energy that made up for it- she has been able to work off the pounds. Here's to your continued remission! Reese's Cups all around!
    Go Tigers!

Congratulations, Gutmutter! So I guess you are officially a cancer survivor now. All the best.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That's so awesome, Gutmutter. I'm very happy to hear that you're doing better. You're very strong and I wish you nothing but the best.

My news kind of pales in comparison, but I thought it was worth mentioning as I thought it was good news. Before the break, I came out to my friends and I was overwhelmed by their comfort and support, not to mention, I found out that one of my friends is having similar struggles. It's amazing how things work out. Sometimes they're not as bad as you make them out to be. (I remember whining about it in the troubles thread, and I just thought I'd let those who were following it in on what's been going on lately.) And my sister, who was originally thrown for a loop by the news, told me that I have to live my life for myself, and not for others' approval, and I was so happy when she said that. Things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    SentFromHeaven- good luck with the IPod. I recommend purchasing extra warranty. My son has had such problems with his in the 6 months that he as owned it. In fact, I just sent it back AGAIN for service.
    Actually Ana Bannana I was thinking of doing that. I was wondering though are the different versions like original and video better quality than the nano and Shuffle?
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic View Post
    My news kind of pales in comparison, but I thought it was worth mentioning as I thought it was good news. Before the break, I came out to my friends and I was overwhelmed by their comfort and support, not to mention, I found out that one of my friends is having similar struggles. It's amazing how things work out. Sometimes they're not as bad as you make them out to be. (I remember whining about it in the troubles thread, and I just thought I'd let those who were following it in on what's been going on lately.) And my sister, who was originally thrown for a loop by the news, told me that I have to live my life for myself, and not for others' approval, and I was so happy when she said that. Things are going well.
    That's great news, THC! I love it when things happen in a way that is almost better than you could have hoped. I had a feeling that your sister would come around. Sometimes it just takes a little while for people to process the information and figure out how they feel about it. It sounds like you have a pretty good support system now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I'm happy things worked out so well THC. Your sister is right, it's your life.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Baited breath? smells like TUNA bait to me....
    Sorry Gabriel, this feline was asleep at the wheel. I meant bated of course: 'with the breath restrained or made gentle, as from excitement', and hence 'in a state of suspense'.
    Critical: Regardless, I made the Dean's list, which is great for my first semester back in 7 years. Now I just have to do this 3 more times.... and then grad school!
    Wow! Congrats to you too! What is it you are studying?
    The Happy Cynic :I have to live my life for myself, and not for others' approval, and I was so happy when she said that. Things are going well.
    That is sooooo very true. I'm not in the same situation as you, however, I have lived most of my life for others' approval, real or imagined. Things are much better for me as well
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic View Post
    That's so awesome, Gutmutter. I'm very happy to hear that you're doing better. You're very strong and I wish you nothing but the best.

Keep up being you for you HappyCynic, your whole wonderful life is out there ahead of you for you to enjoy. There are so many more things for you than there were in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Sorry Gabriel, this feline was asleep at the wheel. I meant bated of course: 'with the breath restrained or made gentle, as from excitement', and hence 'in a state of suspense'.
    My post was meant to be humerous, not inquiring.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Good for you THC! I'm especially glad about your sister, because I could tell the sadness you initially felt at her reaction.

Good news for today is quite minor, but I awoke feeling well rested and that is a major feat lately!!!

Good for you mbp! Waking rested is a great feeling. Congratulations on the Dean's list Critical! Sleep to your heart's content. THC - I have also been following your recent journey in Troubles and am so glad to hear you are getting support from friends and family. All the new messages to me here are extremely touching. I started going bare-headed to school now that I have a thick 3/4" of hair. As soon as I get some resolution to my fried computer at home, I'll post pictures with my new digital camera.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread