+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    The V.P. of the company bought me a gift! He normally buys for the secretaries (chocolates) but not me. (well, not last year when I had worked here 4 months). I got a sack of snickers minis (which I love) and thanked him totally cause I hate boxed chocolates but LOVE snickers! I told him (as he was blushingly hemming and hawing) that he got the perfect gift!!

MERRY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!!!
    Last edited by JAFO'S PRINCESS; 12-23-2005 at 12:43 PM.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

For the first time in my life I got a Christmas bonus! This new boss rocks. He also wrote me a note saying that making me Supervisor was the smartest thing they did with the company. Made me feel good.

Bonus being I could use the bonus to pay for the doctor so I am not really out any money having to go to the doctor.

We close on our new house tomorrow! Yesterday, we walked through and everything looks really great! The movers are coming on Friday so that will be our first night in the new house! My husband wants to sleep there tomorrow on sleeping bags but I've vetoed that! The only bad thing about moving Friday is I won't have internet access until next week because of the holiday. Oh well, I figure I might actually get something done since I won't be in front of the computer!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Congrats Lildago! And go for the sleeping there on sleeping bags! It's fun. When I got my first apt. in NYC (and the only one I've had ) I slept on the floor that night. Granted, I didn't have a bed yet (and wouldn't for many moons) but still - it's a way to lay claim and see it so empty and still and a great memeory to have!

I got water! If you read the pet peeves, my water main broke last night; it does it almost every year. Mr. Tootles can now drink out of the bathroom sink as he so loves to do. He was quite unhappy he couldn't last night. And when Mr. Tootles, is UNHAPPY, everyone's unhappy . The water guy came to my place to get samples today and it's A-OK.

Gotta love the simple things in life, like water, heat, electricity.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I got water! If you read the pet peeves, my water main broke last night; it does it almost every year. Mr. Tootles can now drink out of the bathroom sink as he so loves to do. He was quite unhappy he couldn't last night. And when Mr. Tootles, is UNHAPPY, everyone's unhappy . The water guy came to my place to get samples today and it's A-OK.

Gotta love the simple things in life, like water, heat, electricity.
    You needed water and I had too much of it today!

I woke up this morning, around 7:00 am, and stepped into a big puddle of water by the front door of our apartment. "Crap!", I thought, "Michele must have spilled her tea or tracked in water from her boots."

I went to the back part of the apartment for hours, came back to the front door and stepped in an even BIGGER puddle! Now I knew there had to be something wrong!

I pushed open the furnace/water heater closet, turned on the light switch, looked at the floor....and the entire floor was dripping with water! But wait! I then looked back UP at the ceiling, to see water pouring out of the light fixture in the ceiling!

I immediately called up the landlord and then ran upstairs to the 3rd floor lady; she said, "The landlord knows about it and fixed it."

Well, maybe he did...on the THIRD floor...but the "problem" drained down into our place! Seems like she had a leaking water heater and our landlord shut off the water, but not until enough water (gallons???) leaked through the floor and into our place. If it got worse, it would end up in the first floor, which is where the landlord lives!

Everythings all better now, hours later, and many of them without water (just like you, misskitty), as he had to pull the old water heater and replace her's with a new one.

And I sure do have clean floors now, after mopping them 4 times!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    You needed water and I had too much of it today!...And I sure do have clean floors now, after mopping them 4 times!
    OMGosh! Whatta predicament. I hate that when that happens. My water tank was so old, it didn't have a release valve and could've exploded.
    Glad you caught it, but it's a shame the water had to follow gravity and leak all the way down. At least it's not -30C. I hope. Do you have any damage?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My good news... my sweetie had his heart surgery yesterday, and it went great! He didnn't feel like visiting today, so I reckon I'll go up tomorrow with some sparkling grape juice or something for New Year's Eve. Also, I guess a new Sports Illustated and Bass Pro catelog would be good for him. Last night was scary, because I kept calling the hospital, and he kept being in surgery, for 8 hours Then, they put him in ICU, and I couldn't visit wothout permission from next of kin, who I couldn't get in touch with. I also did not know they would automatically put him in ICU, so it was a bad night! I was imagining getting some kind of really bad phone call this morning. Instead, I found out this morniong he's in a regular room, and we got to talk awhile. I'll be headed up there in the morning.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    My good news... my sweetie had his heart surgery yesterday, and it went great! He didnn't feel like visiting today, so I reckon I'll go up tomorrow with some sparkling grape juice or something for New Year's Eve. Also, I guess a new Sports Illustated and Bass Pro catelog would be good for him. Last night was scary, because I kept calling the hospital, and he kept being in surgery, for 8 hours Then, they put him in ICU, and I couldn't visit wothout permission from next of kin, who I couldn't get in touch with. I also did not know they would automatically put him in ICU, so it was a bad night! I was imagining getting some kind of really bad phone call this morning. Instead, I found out this morniong he's in a regular room, and we got to talk awhile. I'll be headed up there in the morning.
    Wow. That's great news, queenb. How scary that he was in ICU. I'm glad he's doing better.

I always loved to get magazines when I was in the hospital and I'm sure he will too. It gives you something to do for little spurts. You can read awhile and rest awhile.

Our friend gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday. 9 lbs, 4 oz!

We visited her and the proud father in the hospital, and I held the newborn. I've never held a day-old newborn before. It was a pretty cool experience (but still doesn't change my mind about babies)!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

11. Posting Permissions