+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 830 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Share your good news

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I just got accepted in the University course of my choice.

Actually I feel more relieved but am sure elated.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

re Lota and Misty
    One of their number is an old gal named Delhi, she was confiscated by the USDA last Novemeber and sent to The Elephant Sanctuary under "hospice" care. Some moron had soaked her feet in 100% formaldehyde. The first thing she did when she arrived was lie down in the pasture and sleep for five hours. The elephants at Hawthorn were chained continuously by one front leg and back leg and could not lie down to sleep. I'd be real cranky after not being allowed to lie down. She had plenty of companionship with the workers at TES and there was even the occasional soccer game, she loved to play, she'd never been able to do that before either. Well on Aug 9th of this year, she was released from her quarantine and she decided to explore the habitat, it took her two months. After 57 years of being chained and tortured she walked and walked and continued to enjoy her freedom. I'm sure she was afraid she thought she had escaped and any minute now the "handlers" were going to come and take her back to that barn of misery. So now her "sisters" Lota and Misty are coming. an elephant never forgets.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

What a heartwarming story! Keep up the good work!

Wow, the elephant stories had me I'm a sucker for animal rescue - keep the good news coming, please.

Unexplained -- CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful news!

Thanks for the encouragement Feifer. We are both very excited. I have already starting packing, so I can get a jump start on things. The next three weeks will go quickly!

Mama would of been very excited and I know she had a hand in us getting this house. My Dad and sister are driving down to see the house tomorrow. They live about 45 min. from where we are moving. It should be a bittersweet meeting, as it always is when I see my Dad now. It's so strange to see him without Mama, they were always together.

He is in the process of building a house, and soon we will have to go through Mama's things. Not looking forward to that!

Sorry for the downer guys, now back to topic...

Congrats Unexplained on the college! That is so exciting.

I'm also glad to hear about the elephants, what beautiful animals.

Here's where we sit at present, thanks for all your wonderful comments. I've raised over $1000.00 myself since July for this total.

ILLINOIS 16 RESCUE FUND
    funds raised as of October 30th, 2004
    $1,517,496.34

Goal: $1.5 million by September 15, 2004.
    HURRAY, WE'VE REACHED OUR INITIAL GOAL. BUT our work is not done. OUR CURRENT GOAL IS TO RAISE AN ADDITIONAL $150,000 BY NOVEMBER 10TH. We plan to continue to fund raise so we can enlarge the barn; the more money we raise the more elephants we can save. Each additional stall costs $150,000.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Greycoat - that's awesome! I keep asking people "Hey Joe, is that you?" but no one has forked over $500 yet.
    Better stop or the people in white coats will come and get you.

Cheers and congrats to everyone on their good news!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Better stop or the people in white coats will come and get you.
    I wondered who those men were that were chasing me down!

In late August a guy in my department at work was in a really serious car accident and was very lucky to be alive. I saw the accident after it happened with his car completly mangled up, but never knew it was him untill later that night. He had a pole scrape his liver and had a ton of other injuries that could've been much worse. He was in critical condition and wasn't expected to make it. Today he walked into work and stayed around for a bit to talk to everyone. He was smiling, laughing and joking around with everyone. The last time I saw him he was in a wheelchair and looked pretty bad, that was only a month ago. He walks with a limp but I was amazed to see him walking and back to joking around. Kind of put a scare into me to slow down when driving but at the same time made my horrible day turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    I just got accepted in the University course of my choice.

Congrats, unexplained!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread