+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 836 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117517 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Congrats to everyone with the good news!

I have some of my own: I finally got a full-time job after graduating college in May! Took long enough!

Whoo hoo! Awesome DJFan. And, is it a job that you are excited about?

I'm so glad I ventured in here tonight. You all have made me feel so good. I love happy stories. Congratulations to all of you on your good news.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i just won $500 in a radio promotion!! the station calls you, and you have to say "Hey, Joe is that you??" and you win!! YAY!!
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

I like this thread! I never ventured into it until yesterday. I wish I'd done it sooner!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Greycoat - that's awesome! I keep asking people "Hey Joe, is that you?" but no one has forked over $500 yet. That's a quick and easy way to earn some extra cash - good for you!

Eva - I think it's so great that you are getting to know your dad and brothers.

Tallulah - I've never been pregnant, but I can't wait for the day I feel my baby move. That's got to be the best feeling in the world!

And congrats to the others who have good news as well. This is such a happy thread!

we just found out that Lota and Misty are finally being released from their chains in that dark old barn in Illinois and have been given permission to finally go to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. This has been a long haul for these poor girls and 14 more are still chained up in that barn. We're fighting for them too. It costs $100,000.00 per year to treat one TB elephant. Both girls got a human strain of TB from their handlers. I don't know if I can sneak this safely by John, but I'll try. You can watch the elecam at www.elephants.com.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Thanks, everyone! Yes, Mariner, I'm very excited. It will be a lot fun and is in a creative environment, which is really important to me. I'm super nervous, but I'm sure it will go well.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant
    we just found out that Lota and Misty are finally being released from their chains in that dark old barn in Illinois and have been given permission to finally go to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. This has been a long haul for these poor girls and 14 more are still chained up in that barn. We're fighting for them too. It costs $100,000.00 per year to treat one TB elephant. Both girls got a human strain of TB from their handlers. I don't know if I can sneak this safely by John, but I'll try. You can watch the elecam at www.elephants.com.
    such good news! Tange looks like such a nice elephant.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant
    I am SO happy you shared that information...good for Lota and Misty!! I pray that the others are SOON to see the light of day...please keep us informed.

You're an for the work you do.. I applaud you!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj
    My husband and I put a bid on our first house on Monday, and it was accepted.

Now we just have to wade through the application process and all the paperwork that goes with it. As long as it doesn't make us crazy we should be able to move in by the first of the month! Yikes!

The only sad part is I'm not able to share this with my Mom. We started looking for a house the week before we found out she had cancer. It seems so odd that we've found it and she is already gone. Life moves so fast.
    Harmoj, I share your joy and your sorrow. We are moving into our house now. You will make it through the paperwork just fine. It is good to know that your closing date is not 2 months past your offer date as ours was. That was excruciating for us but the folks that sold us the house lived there until the day we got the keys. We bought a new refrigerator this morning and will get a lawn mower tomorow. This is the first time my husband has ever bought a house. When we married he moved in with me. His mother would have been so happy and proud of him, but we lost her to cancer in the summer of 2000, the year our daughter was born. I know your loss is fresh and it is hard to be so happy about your house and miss your mom at the same time. Those mixed emotions can make things stressful. Just remember that she would be so happy for you and want you to be happy too. Enjoy this exciting time. It is a blissful state even with the confusion of paperwork and packing supplies.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread