+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey
    That's a wonderful story, lildago!!! Thanks for sharing that great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    JLuvs - I hate the certification process. Our Dept.of Ed. has been cut back so drastically that it takes forever to process certs. And if you run into any snafus, forgetaboutit. My good news is that I'm grading my 8th grade essays after a week of studying child labor abuse around the world, and once again I am incredibly touched by how deeply these otherwise egocentric adolescents feel about the topic.
    I know what you are saying about the process. I turned in my application for my clear credentials back in April and they are only cleared now. I almost thought it had been lost. Now to getting on to getting a job. I am teaching first grade all this week, but can't wait until I have something permanent.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I love this thread. It's so positive!

Anyways, good news....hm...oh, I got 91% on a midterm that I crammed for all week. I was very happy!

I'm not sure if this fits here, but I'm not sure where else to post it.

As of tomorrow, I will no longer be working at the bath shop I've been at on and off for the last four years. I gave my notice a month ago. There have been many issues there re: scheduling, corporate, morale, etc., and even though I would've been getting FT hours over the holidays, it was stressing me out so much that I had to get out of there.

I don't have anything lined up, but I have enough to survive for a while. I'm gonna take a few days off, then sign up with some temp agencies and look for office work, even if it's part-time. I can't work in retail anymore.

FORT Fogey
    I have some good news about my old pal SALAD, a dear friend of mine who lives in Denver.

Salad's the nickname I gave to my former neighbor, a good friend of mine named Sally, who's 84. As many of you know, I flew out there in June to help her move into a nursing home and to get her little Pomeranian all set to go to a new home.

It was a sad thing to do, at the time, but we placed the dog with one of Salad's good friends (another elderly lady who happens to live with her 40-something year old daughter) and we moved Salad into the nursing home earlier than we'd originally planned, because her health was failing so quickly.

She had a mild stroke after moving into the nursing home and I've had one heck of a hard time touching base with her since then, because she almost never answers the private phone that I had installed in her room.

My good news: I finally reached Salad and I had a nice, long conversation with her on Friday.

My even better news: Salad's doing extremely well these days!!!! She's never at her phone, it turns out, because she's always out and about and into one thing or another out there in the nursing home! She rebounded very well from her stroke and her diet's improved dramatically. She's made a ton of friends and is participating in about everything possible, and she's really enjoying herself there.

Better yet, she gushed on and on about how well her Pomeranian is doing in her new home, and she was really happy to tell me what a nice, positive effect that little dog is having on the elderly friend who adopted her.

So the point of my rambling -- my little, old pal is thriving, her dog is doing great, and the person who adopted the dog has been having a blast with that little Pom!

Who knows how long they all (Salad, her friend June, or her Pomeranian) have in their better places? But heck -- how long does anybody have, for that matter?? Nobody knows. Things could always change in a flash, but I'm just thrilled to know that for now, at least, everyone out there is doing better than they'd been doing before we all made those moves back in June!!

Last edited by Pomeraniac; 10-30-2005 at 11:29 PM.

That's great news, Pom! I'm glad you were able to reach her and that both she and the little are doing well!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Pom! I'm so glad you were finally able to reach Salad and everything's ok. You never know when the day will come when it's not good news, so this is wonderful!

Pom - that is wonderful!

Great to hear that your friend is doing well. I know from your earlier posts that she means a great deal to you and I am happy for you.

(Hmmmm...a salad for lunch to toast the occasion-sounds good to me!)

Pom that is wonderful news that you were able to reach Salad. Not to mention how well they are all doing. I'm thrilled for them

lildago, that is such a touching story. I'm glad you were there for these girls and were a positive role model in their life
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread