+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    What a wonderful difference it is to work among people who care.
    I'm not surprised by this at all, Pom, because afterall, I've met you. It's called karma, baby. It's still nice to hear, though, and I send you good wishes and thoughts that your health improves quickly.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Pom - first of all, I hope that your health stays on the good side!!! Secondly, I'm cracking up that you said they said "Pom, sit down".

I think it's great that they offered to help, but remember how you treat people comes back to you tenfold. Therefore, if you are as caring in real life as you are here on the Fort (and I suspect you are!!), you deserve every ounce of them trying to help.

And last I checked laptops are absolutely medical expenses

Well for some reason FORT is one of the boards I can actually access at work

I just checked my email to find that I am finally an officially credentialed elementary school teacher. It seems like it has taken sooooooooooo long to get there and it is nice to have finally reached that point.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    JLuvs that is awesome. Any student that has you as their teacher should consider themselves lucky. I'm so happy for you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pom, you're lucky to work with such caring people. And I'd say a new laptop should fall under medical expenses! We don't want you getting stressed out watching TV and having no place to vent! Holding in all of those snarky comments about your not so favorite contestants could be hazardous to your health!

JLuvs, Congratulations!!!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    CONGRATULATIONS on your good news, Everyone!!!! It's a real good boost to read that good things are happening.

My good news is that it was confirmed, once again, that I work with some really, really, really great people.

I've been having some health troubles lately that involved some doc appointments, and though I don't talk about that stuff at work, I've had to mention some of it as I've altered my schedule to attend various appointments.

Out of the blue today I was called into the Big Guy's office.

He said, "Pom, sit down. I don't want any details from you, but I want to discuss your health and finances. I want you to let me know if you need anything at all from us. Do you need any extra money to cover these medical expenses?? Do you need an advance? Can we do anything at all?"

I was pretty shocked. I declined his offer 'cause I'm doing fine -- um, er, other than needing a new computer at home, but I didn't mention it 'cause I don't think a new laptop falls under the category of "medical expenses" -- but I was truly shocked by his offer to help.

At most places I've ever worked they've used illness, etc. against their employees, so I've learned to never, ever talk about stuff going on in my life.

What a wonderful difference it is to work among people who care.

Pom, this is so awesome. Working with nice caring people makes all the difference. I would definitely say that a laptop falls under medical expenses If not, you may just go crazy not being able to vent about contestants or support others.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Okay, sorry to post my stuff AGAIN, but I have such great news......Those of you who know me know I am having a hard time conceiving and had to have radioactive treatment to dissolve my thyroid....Well, my doctor called and it WORKED OMG......it worked and I am going to be put on the centhroid medicine on Monday. He said *fingers crossed* that this is most likely the reason I couldn't get pregnant. I am just so happy it worked because both the radiologist and my family doctor thought I would need a second treatment

combatcutie- this is wonderful news!!!!!! I've been taking Synthroid for years and it's never given me a problem. Good luck with stage 2 "baby making".

My good news is that I got a new job. It's with a big company, full benefits and we're allowed to wear jeans and sneakers to the office. WHOOOHOOOO!

Combatcutie, I'm really thrilled for you!
    Dberk, good luck with your new job.

Good luck with the new job dberk! Fingers crossed, combatcutie...speaking from experience, thyroid levels can really screw up a lot of bodily systems, so once you have that fixed up.... Here's hoping the stork visits you sometime soon!

+ Reply to Thread