+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Jluvs! What did you see?(oops, threadjack! sorry )
    Elizabethtown....I love that movie.

Back to more good news now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JLuvs, I'm so glad to hear that your father is doing better

My good news isn't that big of a deal, but it made me happy tonight. I have one course that I'm pretty unsure about. The professor doesn't give as much clarification regarding assignments as I'd like him to, so when I turned in my first official work to him a few weeks ago, I didn't know what to expect. I got my paper back tonight and was shocked to see that I got an 'A'! I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this class would be my lone 'B' of the semester and now I have renewed hope!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

way to go Critical!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Good job Critical.

Had a scarey couple of days - Dad rushed to hospital with a gallbladder attack. The physicians doped him up pretty good to squash the pain, and then delayed surgery because his heart rate was too low. Two days later, they did suregery, removed his gallbladder, and I am happy to report that he is home and appears to be back to his usual grumpy self. (He is A LOT like the Walter Mathau character in Grumpy Old Men.) Anyway, we are glad that he will be fine - and that is my VERY good news for today.

Ana Bannana - happy birthday! I'm glad things worked out for your dad. Give him an extra hug from me. I love grumpy old men.
    Count your blessings!

My parents went on a cruise (talk about poor planning) and they left from the Miami ports. Because of the weather, their return was delayed and they were in the middle of the Atlantic ocean for a while. My mom called this morning though, and they're coming back today.

I thought I would use this thread to tell all of you what a great birthday I had. Not because of any gift or card, but mostly because of you. Finding so many "Shout Outs" on the birthday thread just made my heart feel so good. I am so thankful to have found this website and have shared so many good times and I want all of you to know how much I truly appreciate your kind thoughts.

Also yesterday, I had to spend my evening at a school board meeting. (Civic duty calls!) A student from our junior high sang Happy Birthday to me and there I received a GIANT chocolate bar and a huge tray of cupcakes. SOOOO sweet and unexpected. Then, my mom made this totally sinfull white chocolate mouse cake all covered with white chocolate shavings, and my sister in law made me a HUGE gourmet carmel apple. After that, I drove home and dear hubby gave me a brownie bottom chocolate mousse pie thingy. I have not tasted it yet, as I was feeling sick from sugar overdose and thought I had better take a break!

But nothing touched me as much as those birthday wishes from those of you here at the FORT. You truly did help deliver a Happy Birthday to me. Thanks so much.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    My good news is that I took my mom for an endoscopy and colonoscopy today and everything was fine. Gastro doc thinks it's her gall bladder, so she'll be getting a cat scan, but she has a history of cancer (cervical, breast and my sis had thyroid cancer and my grandmother had bladder cancer) so she was quite worried.

I feel like singing

Terrific news, marybeth! I'm happy for your mom's good report!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I feel like singing
    Go ahead and sing Marybeth - that is TERRIFIC news!

+ Reply to Thread