+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Hee, hee, hee. I love this thread. Thanks for the cabana boy, lildago, but he looks a little too much like my son for it not to be icky. Gabriel - you can have mine (cabana boy, not son). Queenb - I was buying a new printer yesterday and my daughter was looking at digital cameras. She is quite knowlegeable on the subject and found one in the moderately expensive range that she got all excited about... so I'm thinking Santa will put that one under the tree for me and after Africa I'll switch cameras with her. She has two. Her first one is beneath her now, and her current one is adequate, but not what she would like to be using. One of her future goals, besides being a chef, is to be a photographer. So it would be an investment toward that end. So can anyone find me a more mature cabana boy?
    - I wanted a Latino cabana boy anyway- so let's both kick this one to the curb. hahahaha
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have good news!

A little novella though. . . .

I was going to be a NYC public school teacher. I had a position, and decided to go for a little trip before it started - a disaster, utter and total. The trip was awful, and then things started to unravel. I mentioned the root canal in thr toubles thread, but before that even happened everything fell through with my job - after I stepped away from another job offer to take this one. I did the training, and ended up only working a week - within which I had gastroenteritis and told I have a heel spur, my life was threatened and there was a shooting at the school. I think it was a blessing that the Board of Ed. messed up my papers so I didn't get certified like I was supposed too. That left me w/out a job, paycheck, or health benefits when I needed that root canal.

HOWEVER - That also put me in a temp position in the Financial world, something I would never consider. There were no open positions, but they wanted to keep me - I held firm, no benefits - no stay past my three weeks (bluffing, I needed the money - although I was actively interviewing).

Making this shorter - they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They actually created an 'apprentice' position just for me. 1 year full contract, this gives me the time I need to decide if I want to go back to teaching kids, private public, or focus on adults. If, at the end of the year, I want to leave - I go with their blessings. If I want to stay in the company but not in finance, they said they would help place me elsewhere. If, however, I want to stay (which they are hoping) then I get a raise and better position. They like me, and one of the seniors is retiring soon, they want to groom me for that position. It's a good company, this department has NO turnover. Everyone has been there over 10 years, which I take as a good sign. They gave me a good salary, and pushed it so that benefits start immediately. I go to orientation on Monday.

Also, the College where I teach offered me a couple more classes, which is nice - I love my adult learners!

It's been a wild summer, I went from future teacher to financial analyst in a few short months. And this job offers way better health benefits then the BoE. They also took me aside and said they would go over my budget with me, so that at the end of the year I can lessen my debts (still owe a lot to college)

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    I have good news!
    It's been a wild summer, I went from future teacher to financial analyst in a few short months. And this job offers way better health benefits then the BoE. They also took me aside and said they would go over my budget with me, so that at the end of the year I can lessen my debts (still owe a lot to college)
    Great news Glitter! Things usually happen for a reason and seem to work out in the end.

That is good news, Glitter!!!

Here's my good news : We turned in $1000 today to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer research! I've posted pictures from the race over in the race thread!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Way to go Lidago. I saw your pics...what a cute bunch you are!! It really does my heart good to see such nice photos. My own 2 girls participated in "Run for the Cure" and three of their teachers shaved their heads! With so much bad news in the world, it is wonderful to see such great human spirit...

CCL
    Congratulations on the new job, Glitter.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Nothing was found in my mother's mammogram.

good news happycynic!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    Nothing was found in my mother's mammogram.
    Hooray!

I finally learned how to do a custom avatar! How do you like my new look (Halloween Costume)? Say goodbye to Betty Rubble. I may be out of control for a while. heh.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread