+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    So it's not a known play? Do you have someone who writes for you? That would be even more fun!
    Nope it is not a known play at all. We have someone that writes it for the production company every year. We always do one Easter play and one Christmas play. She writes excellent scripts.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who posted their good news and a big Thank You! for taking the time to let us know that things are going well! I love reading people's good news in here, 'cause you guys are my buddies and it's good to know that life's going well out there in the world.

Gut, I'm so glad that the chemotherapy's finally over!!! What a royal pain that was, and you withstood it with such class and dignity and good humor -- I'm so happy that this phase of your recovery is finally over!!!

JLuvs, I'm thrilled for you getting cast in this upcoming play!!! I'm also roaring at the image of you playing the role of a "b*tch" in an earlier play 'cause that is just so not you!!! All I can say is that you must be one heck of a good actress to pull that off, 'cause you're a sweetie!! Good luck with this next project!

Meg1, I hope life's going well with the new kitten!

Sepialove, CONGRATS to you for landing that new job!! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful teacher, and I know you've got lots of other great teacher pals here at the FORT and I'm sure they'll have good things to tell you.

Unk, more vacation time??? THAT'S GREAT, and I know you deserve it 'cause you work your rump off making that restaurant hum. I hope you have great plans for this upcoming year (and I hope they include your attending FORTCon 3).

SurvivorGirl, whoo-hoo on the ~8 minute miles!!! Holy CRAP, I couldn't do that if I tried my hardest, not even back in the days when I was into running. I'm so happy for you and I hope you have many great runs for years ahead!!!

I really appreciate hearing your good news, everyone, and I'm glad I finally had a chance to pop in here and catch up on the latest!!!

Whew! The "for sale" sign is in the yard! Now we can rest a little! All I need to do now is keep my house clean. We'll probably be going out everyday so we don't mess it up! Tonight is the first night in 2 weeks I haven't had some project to work on after my kids are in bed. I'm actually going to lay on the couch and watch a movie with my husband...if I can stay awake!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My family is getting together (including my grandfather, who is dying of pancreatic cancer) for Thanksgiving, and I know it doesn't seem like much, but getting everyone together is really hard, so I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Sepialove, CONGRATS to you for landing that new job!! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful teacher, and I know you've got lots of other great teacher pals here at the FORT and I'm sure they'll have good things to tell you.
    Pom,

I guess from my comments you thought I was becoming a teacher. Although I adore kids, my job isn't teaching. I will be working part time as an administrative assistant.

Unk,

You have always been a leader and I'm not suprised about your company won this challenge. Kudos to you and your staff, don't forget to send us the photos of your trip soaking in some major sun.

Gut,

I didn't realize this was your last chemo. God bless you! May your blessings be many and your trials few. You are a survivor and stronger than you ever imagined. I'm rooting for your recovery!
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    My family is getting together (including my grandfather, who is dying of pancreatic cancer) for Thanksgiving, and I know it doesn't seem like much, but getting everyone together is really hard, so I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be great.
    Happy Cynic,

It is a VERY big deal. Family is so important and it's the memories like these that mean so much. Take plenty of photos and capture these moments on video. Being able to come together now will allow your grandfather a chance to have closure as well as the other family member. I wish you all a wonderful gathering.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    This is great news and reminded me that this year may be the first time in years that all of MY (6) siblings will be home for Thanksgiving. They will be coming from AZ, AL, NC and various parts of PA with assorted spouses, kids and grandkids. Even though I'm clearly my mother's favorite these gatherings give them the fruitless opportunity to suck up to her for that coveted spot.

FORT Fogey
    HappyCynic, it's great that your whole family is coming together. I remember the times all my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. went together as a family dinner, it was so much fun! As Sepialove said, treasure these moments.

A lot of you know that my Mum got remarried last weekend.

It was a weekend of craziness but it was also a happy time and I am happy that I have such a big extended family.

Here are a couple of pictures. Of course you know that I have hundreds of my nephew per usual...but I will only post one or two of those

This is me stripping one of the logs for the log cabin, before everyone got up there.

My nephew and I the night before the above photo.

After the wedding with all of the kids.

After the wedding with all of the grandkids.

My brothers, me and my adorable nephew.

At cabin that night....with my brothers....well...being my brothers.

Before the wedding...meeting all my new family at the cabin.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 10-09-2005 at 09:38 PM. Reason: didn't add the pictures...
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member
    Nice pictures JLuvs! I love how you went there and just threw a log cabin together.

+ Reply to Thread