+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I'm proud of you Unklescott (now you can afford to come out here to New England). I was going to slip in a last minute prayer request for juicy veins today, but I see y'all have me covered.
    Count your blessings!

First, I would like to congratulate everyone and his or her good news. I have been a FORT member now for several years and love the camaraderie that we have shared. I have not been commenting a lot lately, but I do read the board almost daily.

I have been a stay at home mom now for 4 yrs since I was involved in a head on collision in which I sustained some serious injuries, (dislocated foot - 3 pins, ligament damage in knee and chronic pain). As a mom to a special needs daughter with Cerebral palsy, it has been quite a struggle, emotionally, physically and financially to make ends meet. So I am happy to share with my FORT family that finally I am physically able to go back to work!

I went to the job fair that my new church's ministry held two weeks ago, handed out a few resumes, went on ONE interview and received the news yesterday. It's close to home and I get off in time to get kidlet off the bus.

I am so excited, and will be going back part time to get started. However, I am able to set my own hours now and will gradually increase them to full time, hopefully around the spring. Seeing that I got the news on the 4th anniversary of my crash, I see it as a divine intervention.

To be able to return to a working environment with adults, plus leave BARNEY, ELMO, and her other video buddies for awhile is a welcomed pleasure.

I am a little nervous, but I know I can get some great advice from my FORT buddies about balancing work and family again.

Any pointers?
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

giz
    Wow! No pointers, as I'm still at home, but needing to get work too. Congratulations, that is so cool. Good luck with it all, I'm really pleased for you.

Premium Member
    Good job, Unk. Enjoy your extra well-deserved vacation.

Gut - Hoping the vein gods heard me this morning... I haven't needed them this week so they should be well rested for you.

Sepia, I have a little word of advice-when asking to use the facilities, don't ask to go "potty". I did my first job after staying home w/my kiddies-we all laughed hard! Just take it one day at a time and ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Sepia, I have a little word of advice-when asking to use the facilities, don't ask to go "potty". I did my first job after staying home w/my kiddies-we all laughed hard! Just take it one day at a time and ENJOY!
    I can imagine me sitting at my desk raising my hand for recess.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations to everyone with good news.

Sepia, the only advice I have for you is to take it one day at a time. I'm sure you will do a great job. Please keep us posted on how you are doing
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Great news, Sepia! Congrats on the new job! Returning to the grown-up world is still a dream for me!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

First - SepiaLove - congratulations. It will be wonderful for you to rejoin the land of grownups. I'm home and want to thank those who prayed for juicy veins. She got a good one first jab, took the blood, saw the doctor, and got the poison and now I'm home and it is all behind me. (Well except for the being sick part). I hope I never have to go there again. I took chocolates and a card for the wonderful nurses. Now I'm having sparkling white grape juice to celebrate, but I'm also remembering how being on the computer right after chemo gives me a bad headache, so party on and I'll catch up with you later. Love you all. You have been such support for me, you have no idea. I was really thinking of you all when she got the IV in right off and knew it was all the prayers going out there for me. It was a relief.
    Count your blessings!

That's great Gut! Now go toast to a cancer free future.

+ Reply to Thread