+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Boo-yah! A renowned blogger who has a high readership rated my blog "Worthy of Mention" and linked to me. In two days, my readership has doubled.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Boo-yah! A renowned blogger who has a high readership rated my blog "Worthy of Mention" and linked to me. In two days, my readership has doubled.
    That's such a great feeling. Do you have a link to your blog or website?

I've been MIA since Friday, trying to lie low and get better, so I missed all your good advice - not that I could have gotten my doctor over the weekend. I'm all better except for gunk in my lungs and not even a cough. But when I do cough there's stuff there. Anyone who knows a cure - let me have it! I took a sick day tomorrow and am going to rest and drink tea. I think by Friday the dregs will be gone. Pray on Friday specifically for a good vein!!!
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Gut - I told you this over in the "talk about your troubles" thread... but my "vein gods" are yours.
    Seriously though, I'm glad you are staying home to rest tomorrow. Drink lots and rest. Hope you feel better soon.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    my good news today is triple coupons. I saved a bundle at the grocery story and it was all by accident! Didn't even know it was triple coupon week

Quick smooch to Gut - always prayin' for you!

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on their good news!!!

Gut, you know you're in my prayers!!!

The good news for me is that I'm much happier with how my life is, as opposed to how it could have been.

Specifically, my good news is that I finally went grocery shopping for the first time in 13 days. It was the first time I'd gone back to the store since the night that I saw the drunk driver out in the grocery store parking lot and reported him to the coppers.

Buying some food tonight is cause for celebration enough, but it was an especially fun trip because while I was at the supermarket I saw an old boyfriend of mine from the late 1970s and . . . he . . . looks . . . absolutely . . . AWFUL!!!!!

The good news is that I'm not with him!!!! He took it hard when I broke off with him and for a while there he was pretty doggoned persistent, and my parents loved him, and they'd have been thrilled if I'd run off and married him!!!

He's a nice guy, and I'm sure he's a good citizen and I'm sure he's living a nice life, but I never wanted to get roped into a marriage 'cause I'd have been too terribly bored with him.

So tonight when I ran into the guy at the store I knew immediately that it was him -- he's only about 5 feet tall, and now that he's in his late 40s he's grown himself a few extra chins and he started wearing a medicine ball underneath his shirt.

Oh, wait a minute, never mind -- that was no medicine ball; that was his belly!!!

He had no idea at all that it was me in the store, furtively spying on him out of the corner of my eye, because last he heard I lived thousands of miles away and I had about 23.3 lb. less hair than I have now -- there's no way he recognized me.

He was a nice guy when I dated him and I'm sure he still is, but I was just thrilled when I saw how he turned out, 'cause it really underscored that I dodged a bullet when I gave him the heave ho all those years ago.

The cherry on top was watching him drive out of the grocery store parking lot -- in his Ford Taurus station wagon!!!!!

Pom, I am insane with jealousy - still waitin for the ex to get his comeuppance - however, you give me hope! My good news is that hanging out with you unbelievably together people is truly giving me a fabulous outlook! Thanks to all of you who share very personal things. It really makes a difference.
    Go Tigers!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    The cherry on top was watching him drive out of the grocery store parking lot -- in his Ford Taurus station wagon!!!!!
    Ew. I used to drive one of those. That thing was nothing but trouble. You are well rid of that one Pom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I've been MIA since Friday, trying to lie low and get better, so I missed all your good advice - not that I could have gotten my doctor over the weekend. I'm all better except for gunk in my lungs and not even a cough. But when I do cough there's stuff there. Anyone who knows a cure - let me have it! I took a sick day tomorrow and am going to rest and drink tea. I think by Friday the dregs will be gone. Pray on Friday specifically for a good vein!!!
    I should have gone ahead and posted this when I pm'ed it to someone a week or so ago. I discovered this when I had the "gunk" so bad I could hardly breathe, and was desparate. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds.
    Get some Texas Pete, Red Rooster or other not horribly hot hot sauce, and fill up a teaspoon with it. Now very carefully lean back and empty the spoon into the very back of your throat. You won't taste much heat, but it will help the cold symptoms quite a bit.

By the way, do drink a lot of water by Friday. I usually have really good veins, but got kind of dehydrated before I went for a blood test a couple of months ago and they had to stick me several times before they could get anything at all. Next time, I made sure to drink plenty of plain water the day before and morning of my test, and I was back to my usual easy-to- drain veins.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm relieved to get to post this-- last week my man friend and I went to the gym, and his heart rate sped up to about 180 and wouldn't go down... He had surgery for this type thing last year, and has been taking medicine to help control it. But this weekend, his heartbeat got all kinds of irregular, and I was really worried. He was scheduled for a physical Monday anyway, and decided he would be ok to wait till then . So he goes to the doctor's office Monday, and surprise, they made him go to the hospital in an ambulance Well, last night about 9 pm his lab work came back, and the only problem he has is a shortage of magnesium, that can be corrected with pills. What a relief! I dids make him promise if his heart "acts up" any more, to go to the doctor immediately and not wait three days!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread