+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Yes, Gutmutter, lay low! Lots of warm soup,tea, vitamin C, and plenty of R-E-S-T!!!

Glad your son's feeling better.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Gut, you should see your doctor because of your health history. The doctor I worked with took no chances with his cancer patients and prescribed antibiotics (even if it is just a cold virus) to prevent you from becoming sicker.

Gut, I agree with canuckinchile...you definitely need to see your doctor. You can't take any chances right now
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Gut, me, three!! Don't mess around with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    dberk - hugs to your mom. Good to hear your news. My son is up and about without his cast or crutches. I'm trying to shake a cold and wondering if or at what point I should contact my doctor. It's been a week, but no high fever. Mostly nights are when the coughing and congestion hit. I'm hoping I can just lay low - rent movies, etc. now that it's the weekend. Make soup, drink tea.
    Call the Doctor Ma'am, considering that you are being treated and you don't want to have this develope into anything else. you know we're thinking of you! so go already.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I just had the same thing. No fever, but a hacking cough at night, stuffy head and sore throat. Had it for over a week. I went ahead and went to the doc, cause I couldn't sleep at night from the coughing. Doc confirmed that there wasn't an infection, but did have fluid building up behind my ear drums. I got steroids, cough med, antibiotics and Flonaze. Don't take any chances and go to the doc. If I hadn't, I would probably have an ear and sinus infection right now. Also, I was gargling with salt water, taking Dayquil, Nightquil, cough drops, throat lozenges, you name it I was doing it...nothing was helping. My husband had it and was able to shake it in 3 days. Please go to the doc.

PS..it took only 2 days for my daughters "cold" to turn into a lung infection.
    Last edited by Melitta; 09-30-2005 at 05:25 PM.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Gut, I agree with the rest who said contact your doctor. You don't want to mess with your health especially right now. We want you around for a long time.

Gut, I hope you took everyone's advice and called the doc! Also hope you're getting plenty of rest!

My husband and I went out on a date, just the two of us, for the first time since before my son was born. It was only dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants and Starbucks but it was so good to get out by ourselves. Usually dinner at a restaurant is chaos with two kids! We definitely needed the break. With all of this house stuff going on, we've been busy packing and making decisions. He gave me flowers and a gift certificate to a spa.
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Awwwwww, that is great lidalgo. My kids are older now, so we can get out when we want to, but I well remember the days. It almost makes the time mean so much more, and what a nice gesture by your husband. It really is the little things isn't it? My hubby always places a steaming hot cup of my favourite coffee next to the shower for me , every Saturday. It always makes me smile.

Premium Member
    Gut - count me in on the calling your doctor bandwagon. You don't want to take any chances with your already compromised immune system, even for just a cold.

+ Reply to Thread