+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    My good news is that my son is ok after a motorcycle accident last night.
    Holy Cow Gut. I am so thankful for you that he is ok. My oldest son has a motorcycle and it scares me to death.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Gut, I am so glad your son is okay. Being an insurance agent, I see a lot of motorcycle accidents. Not a pretty site
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My dad's a doctor and we were never allowed to even think of riding on a motorcycle after what he saw in the emergency room. I told him no, his dad told him yes. He went back to school today. I'm curious to hear how he did since he couldn't even get out of bed yesterday.
    Count your blessings!

Gut-great news for both of you! I went on my only motorcycle ride after I turned 18. I used a helmet, but felt we were flying down the country road. When we stopped, I asked him why he was driving to fast and he said, "but I was only going 35 mph!"

PGM35, glad to hear things are going good for you now!

Desertrose. did you happen to bring any pictures with you? Glad to hear you had such a good time!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Famita, I did take some pics. I'll try to post them in the vacation picture thread when I learn I to resize them...

Desertrose-Can't wait-I live through other people's travels!!!

I'm glad to be moving this continuing saga from the troubles thread to this one.

My mom had her post-op check with her cancer surgeon today. The pathology report showed no additional cancer. She is back on her blood thinner so he replaced her big bandage with a smaller one and cautioned her against falling. Other than the 2 drainage tubes (too gross to discuss further) I can't tell that she had surgery. She feels fine and is ready to get back to her regular routine. My sister took mom to the homestead today and rather than just relaxing; she made a cake.

Thanks for your support during this rough time FORTers.

Great news, dberk! It's so good to hear your mom's good report!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    dberk - that is really wonderful news.

dberk - hugs to your mom. Good to hear your news. My son is up and about without his cast or crutches. I'm trying to shake a cold and wondering if or at what point I should contact my doctor. It's been a week, but no high fever. Mostly nights are when the coughing and congestion hit. I'm hoping I can just lay low - rent movies, etc. now that it's the weekend. Make soup, drink tea.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread