+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

My neighbors from hell are moving out today.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    My neighbors from hell are moving out today.
    Are they going back?

Seriously, I'm happy for you. Bad neighbors are so miserable. Hope you get some "neighbors from heaven" this time around!

AS I mentioned on the Troubles thread, I'm getting a root canal, and due to the convening of horrible pay schedules (and an inept payroll) and numerous financial emergencies, was left with about 100$ combined. I've never been that low and felt stressed.

Yet, I passed by 'The Church' today and they were having their annual bazaar. They do a lot for the community, so I dug into my purse and found 4 quarters with which to donate, and enter the half/half drawing.

I returned home today to found that I had won! While it's not going to cover my bills, it's enough for me not to stress about groceries or a metrocard until I get paid in October (and THEN pay my bills). I've never won money before, and am hoping it's not a sham I can pick it up on Monday, and put the can of lentil soup away!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Are they going back?

Seriously, I'm happy for you. Bad neighbors are so miserable. Hope you get some "neighbors from heaven" this time around!
    One can only hope. Really they made me a nervous wreck. Their kids jumped off the roof (standing next to their power line ) onto a trampoline. That was just the tip of the iceberg to their daily antics, but that one always freaked me out.

Glitter, that's wonderful news. There's nothing better than unexpected money.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

After waiting for it all summer, I missed the season premiere of Lost due to a power outage. But my day turned bright because Lildago very kindly sent me a tape! Thank you so much for the tape, Lildago! I can't wait to watch it tonight (after lilhep goes to bed). You're a super-

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

We got a stipend from work (not aloud to call it a bonus) basically they say at the beginning of the fiscal year "we hope we can give you a 4% raise" and then we don't find out until the end of the fiscal year. Sometimes we get a raise, sometimes we just get the money that was set aside in the budget to get the raise. this year we got both a 4% raise and a 4% stipend. So I bought a bed (well mattress, box spring and frame) I haven't had one since my ex moved out. The rest I blew on petty things like the phone bill, car insurance and cable.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Alright... So, this year, since my brother is in university, we can't go to Vancouver for our usual skiing trip. My aunt, decided to take me with her to... Ha-waii! I'm so excited, I hope there's internet there, I'll probably die without FORT for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    Alright... So, this year, since my brother is in university, we can't go to Vancouver for our usual skiing trip. My aunt, decided to take me with her to... Ha-waii! I'm so excited, I hope there's internet there, I'll probably die without FORT for a week.

*looks over at DoeBoy* It's a V A C A T I O N, go outdoors, do things especially in Hawaii....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    *looks over at DoeBoy* It's a V A C A T I O N, go outdoors, do things especially in Hawaii....
    Awww... thanks gabriel! But, being at FORT is like a vacation to me...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    Awww... thanks gabriel! But, being at FORT is like a vacation to me...
    Gabriel's right. It's Hawaii. Don't blow your vacation staring at a computer. FORT will still be here when you get back and then you can tell us all about your fabulous vacation.

+ Reply to Thread