+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats Dag!

Chesra - congrats on getting a treadmill. I have owned one for quite a while and I seem to use it sporadically. I have a room with a Bow-Flex and a Treadmill and a television. It makes the time on the machines go by a lot faster if you can watch a show or two.

Dag - good luck on the new job! Mo money Mo money - yeahh baby!

gabriel - back in the late 60's, early 70's when I was a babysitter in high demand I made 50 cents an hour.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Pizza? I almost fell of the leaning tower of Pizza...
    Gutmutter.. no offense, but I just got a giggle this morning with the *pizza* as opposed to *piza.* You've made me incredibly hungry, but I still have over half an hour before the restaurants open downstairs.

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Best news of all: My sister's had her baby, and my other sister just had her baby shower... so now I'm done with all the baby showers and don't have to listen to my mom anymore asking me "So... are you seeing anyone seriously?"

Other good news: My best friend is practically engaged! I'm so happy for her... I just hope this guy is a stand up guy. Their first year together they were always fighting, but they seem to be ok now. Hmmm... I hope it all works out for them

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    It's official! I got the job. There is a base pay and incentive pay. It should equal around $2 an hour raise!
    That's GREAT news, Dagwood!! Glad to hear that.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Gutmutter.. no offense, but I just got a giggle this morning with the *pizza* as opposed to *piza.* You've made me incredibly hungry, but I still have over half an hour before the restaurants open downstairs.
    I didn't want to say anything because I thought it was "Pisa". Well, I never wanted to be a world traveler and it's a good thing - I'm sure I'd be perpetually lost.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I didn't want to say anything because I thought it was "Pisa". Well, I never wanted to be a world traveler and it's a good thing - I'm sure I'd be perpetually lost.
    OMG I didn't even notice the Pizza thingy. Too funny. Actually Dberk, you are right. It is the leaning tour of Pisa.

I should have explained that that is an in-joke with my students. I have a replica of the tower in my classroom with a toy pizza glued on top.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    It is the leaning tour of Pisa.
    Don't bet on it.

+ Reply to Thread