+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 829 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Tooth Doc, that's GREAT news! It really made me smile

My good news is I got straight A's on my report card! Whoohoo!
    Thanks Pinkie.

Congrats on the straight A's. Keep up the good work. What grade are you in?

toothdoc

Congrats to everyone and their good news! I myself am so very happy today because I just found out that my 37 yr old sister was approved for Gastric Bypass Surgery. She has tried everything.. she has so many health problems and my entire family are worried about her so this is definitely wonderful news to us and I don't know anyone who deserves it more! I can't wait to be able to walk into public places with her and not have to worry about her being ashamed or noticing all the looks she gets.. my sister is beautiful and I am going to have new competition because she'll be a knock out!

Congrats to pinkieparrot - good job!

That's great news, Madison! I hope after the surgery, your sister will realize just how beautiful she is.

To all the cancer survivors - how wonderful! Your stories made me tear up!

Well, Mr. Bug and I have experienced some difficult trials so far during our very short married life, but I am pleased to say that we were truly blessed today! Last week, our garage door broke. And I mean... BROKE! The thing was making horrible noises, would not close (stuck halfway down), the wheels fell off the tracks, the cable became uncoiled, etc. I have no idea how this happened, but it just decided to go CAPOOT all at once. We live in a condo, and I called the condo association, but they said it was our responsibility. So we just figured we'd live with a broken garage for a while because due to other circumstances, there is no money right now to get the thing fixed. Well, one of our neighbors approached Mr. Bug last week and said that he used to fix garages at one time and offered to fix our garage as he noticed that it was severely damaged - our only cost would be the parts needed. He and my husband agreed to meet up last Saturday to work on the project. However, our neighbor was nowhere around on Saturday so we just chalked it up to an empty promise. Today, hubby gets home from work and sees our neighbor has fixed the garage - at no charge, not even parts! Come to find out, he was called out of town unexpectedly for his job so that's why he wasn't there on Saturday. I can't tell you how happy I am that this man went out of his way to help us. We're practically strangers (he just moved into the building a few months ago) yet he offered his skills to us at no charge. Finally, some good news to share!!!

Add my congrats to Madison, Pinkie, Toothdoc and everyone else.

Charlie, you guys were overdue for some good news, and what good news it was, huh? Sometimes people just really come through......and what a lovely way to get to know a new neighbor. I'm really happy for you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    Thanks Pinkie.

Congrats on the straight A's. Keep up the good work. What grade are you in?

toothdoc
    I'm in 10th grade Toothdoc. Unk, I beleive Iowa does have a good field hockey team, but I'm not sure.

Madison, congrats to your sister-- I hope it all goes well! And Charlie Bug, you're lucky to have a nice new neighbor.

I do have other news that I haven't shared yet. I've only been a dentist for 2.5 years. Last January I bought the practice I was in and we've done pretty well.....at least I'm paying the bills. The opportunity presented itself for me to purchase a 2nd practice and merge the 2. We are moving into the new location this weekend and will the 1st patient there Monday morning. B/f I was sharing office space with another dentist. Now I'm going to be on my own. The past month has been pretty overwhelming to say the least. Nope, I'm not rolling in cash...........I'm sinking in debt...house note, student loans and 2 practices. I need my head examined. I keep telling myself....mergers are a good thing, mergers are a good thing, mergers are a good thing.

toothdoc

Congrats, toothdoc, I'm sure right now it seems overwhelming, but soon everything will be wonderful!

Toothdoc, it will all work itself out. It seems that you are making some good business decisions. Give it some time. From what I've learned about you through your posts, you will make it work and your business will be successful. Good Luck!!

Just remember toothdoc: you have to spend money to make money.

Wow! today is the first day I have seen this thread and what a great one it is. My good news is a little old, but since not everyone heard the news......My dad had surgery for prostate cancer last month and the day he left the hospital they told him that they had gotten every bit of the cancer. This means he does not have to have any follow up treatments(chemo/radiation) and is completely cancer free. I am still doing the happy dance over this! Join me!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread