+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    And special thanks to dberk for reminding people of the German pronunciation of "good".
    Your Welcome. Maybe my pronunciation is a result of my German ancestors or my PA Dutch neighbors.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    hmmmm Somehow I pictured you differently.
    You knew I was joking with that picture, right? I'm actually quite beautiful. (kidding again )
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-06-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    You knew I was joking with that picture, right?
    Weeellllll. I just couldn't resist.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Weeellllll. I just couldn't resist.
    I wanted a picture of someone with a big cheese grin and that was close enough.

Gut- that's wonderful news!

Dagwood- congrats!

Gutmutter, that's wonderful news. Let that chemo get in there and kick ass! The discount scarf idea is wonderful. You can wrap them around your head and, with some hoop earrings, be a pirate. (aargh)

Dagwood There's nothing like a promotion to make you feel like you're appreciated.

Marleybone, what great news about your son coming home. My son was in the air force, and I used to miss him so bad. Just being home was good enough for me - he didn't have to sit around in the living room and make conversation, I was just glad he was in the same town.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Dinahann - I like the way you think. I got a new wig today (ok - I get obsessive sometimes!). This one is an acid green pixie cut. I find I like the obvious wigs better than the ones that are trying (and failing) to pass for normal. My timing couldn't be better. As soon as we're back in school, the Halloween stuff will hit the stores. One other thing I would like to try and can't seem to find online is how to do African headwraps like Erica Badu (sp?). If anyone can find a site and post or PM me, I'd be ever so grateful.
    Count your blessings!

Try this one. I didn't check out any of the links, so not sure it's what you are looking for.

http://www.idcw.org.uk/headdress.html

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann[B
    Marleybone[/B], what great news about your son coming home. My son was in the air force, and I used to miss him so bad. Just being home was good enough for me - he didn't have to sit around in the living room and make conversation, I was just glad he was in the same town.
    You are exactly right Dinahann. I don't even mind that he and my DIL are staying with her parents and they get to see him every day. I missed him so much, just being in the same town and knowing that he can walk through the front door whenever he wants is all I need.

Jenny!!! You're the best! That's exactly what I was looking for! There were several links with instructions but if anyone else is checking it out, the very last link has about a dozen very fashionable wrap directions. I'm recommending this for anyone with a bad hair day!http://www.tznius.com/cgi-bin/tying.pl
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread