+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

My good news is that I finally passed a post-op!!! Now I can go straight to Chemo! Do not pass Go! Do not collect 200 dollars! Yippee! Actually she said they found a teensy bit of cancer in the tissue they took out last week, so it is a good thing she wanted to be thorough. In anticipation of it being my last week on that floor before I graduated to chemo, I bought 3 boxes of good chocolates with thank you cards for my oncologist, the support staff, and the med students/interns who are always shadowing. They were well received. On the way home I decided to stop at the Salvation Army to see if they had scarves. Good, large scarves can be very expensive. Well, I found a bin of them for 99 cents apiece and selected 6 that met my specs. Now I can wrap, wig, or cap. One more solid week of healthy summer - I start Aug. 15.
    Count your blessings!

Glad to hear the good news Gut!

Premium Member
    That's great news Gut!

Gut (Goot), I hope your body handles the Chemo well. Until then, enjoy and know that we are celebrating with you.

Thanks guys. I know it seem weird to be celebrating that I get to start chemo, but you know how many times I've been pushed back. I'll get half of them done before school starts and should be done with radiation before the holidays get here. Maybe even be able to sport my own really short hair by the time I get back from Christmas break. And special thanks to dberk for reminding people of the German pronunciation of "good".
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Thanks guys. I know it seem weird to be celebrating that I get to start chemo, but you know how many times I've been pushed back. . . And special thanks to dberk for reminding people of the German pronunciation of "good".
    Hey Gut, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so glad you finally get to proceed to the next phase of your complete recovery!!!

As for the pronounciation of your name, well I tend to go back and forth between "goot" and "gut," but that's 'cause I'm an Irish broad, not a German one.

As an added bonus, the "gut" pronounciation's appropriate, nowadays, because you've shown to us all that you've got TONS OF 'EM -- guts, that is!!!

Whew! for a minute I thought you were referring to my pictures in the "Look Like" thread. hee.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, you go girl! -- Glad to see the news, now onto the chemo...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well, I have the job. The Vice President said the boss is going to offer it to me when he figures out the pay!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

CCL
    Excellent! Congratulations, dagwood.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread