+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Ha. poor cat. I am glad when mine wakes me up on weekends/vacation. Then I can get an early start to the day before everyone else wakes up. If you get your spring cleaning done and change your mind, the offer remains.
    Count your blessings!

My Supervisor is quitting, she found a better job. The good news is I will probably get her job! It would be a small raise and I would go from piece rate to hourly.

(they haven't talked to me yet, I just heard it through the grapevine that I would get offered the position. Makes sense considering I am Assistant Supervisor and the only other 40 hour a week employee in the data entry room.)

I will keep you updated on whether or not it will happen!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Ha. poor cat. I am glad when mine wakes me up on weekends/vacation. Then I can get an early start to the day before everyone else wakes up. If you get your spring cleaning done and change your mind, the offer remains.
    Come rain/shine/snow/vacation/weekends/days off - anytime between 4:30AM - 5:30AM --DAD!! we're hungry... We don't want what is in the bowls we want the nice stuff out of the can. , They eat I'm up, they go back to sleep, which is ok weekdays, but weekends argh, but like Gutmutter sayeth, early start...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Long time no see, MSC! Congrats with being accepted to Laguardia!

My good news is: today was the last day of community service!
    Oh, awesome! I know how much you hated that so

Hey there, Haej, it's great to see ya

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I hesitate to even post this in case it goes badly, but I start another new job tomorrow morning. Since I'm in my hometown, where salaries are a little higher, this one pays better. It's just slightly further away from home than the last position (1.7 miles vs. 1.4) and will, hopefully, be a job I enjoy. I'll be working at a publishing company proofreading text books. I'm sure that sounds boring to some people but to me, it sounds like heaven! i'm the one who finds errors in the books I read for pleasure. So please, cross fingers for me that this one isn't a dud like the last job!

It doesn't sound boring to me! I'm quite happy for you and I hope everything works out.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Dag - good luck! Keeping fingers crossed that it's yours!!

Critical - good luck - sounds like a great job!! I find typos everywhere.

Gabriel - Abbie the Springer is famous for the early morning STARE. My husband just leans over to me and says "ever feel like someone is staring at you?" It's usually to garner a better spot on the bed, but on ocassion it's a pee break. I need to teach her to sleep a wee bit later!

oops - forgot my good news. I'm leaving this afternoon with my girlfriend, sans kids and husbands for 5 GLORIOUS DAYS to scrapbook. I know, I know, you're all saying "5 days of scrapbooking?". But when you're a scrap addict like us, this is a slice of heaven. I'm so excited (I will, however, feel BB feeds withdrawals and Fort withdrawals )

OMG-Critical-that's my dream job!!!!! I hope you enjoy it!

Marybeth-I hope you have a lot of fun and get new ideas!!

scrap addict - hee. Add me to the list for whom proof-reading would be a little slice of heaven. How do you get a job like that?
    Count your blessings!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Congratulations to everyone on all the good news recently!!!

My good news is that my baby sister (OK, she is 21 but still my baby sis), who is a checker for Albertson's (Grocery Store), won the Colorado "checking" competition yesterday!!! She was judged on speed, customer relations, accuracy, appearance, etc...

She and her courtesy clerk get to go to Boise to compete in regionals and if they win there will go to the national competition in Las Vegas!

I'm just incredibly proud of her, she has been working in the store for almost four years and came up through the ranks from courtesy clerk. She is so dedicated to her job, one of the friendliest checkers you'll ever meet and I'm glad she got this recognition.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    OMLB - how great is that!?!? Good luck to her!!

CCL
    Sounds like a great job, Critical. Good luck with it!

And, dagwood, good luck at your job. I hope the promotion comes through.

Marybeth - have fun scrapbooking!

I think I share some cats with Unklescott & Gabriel. A slight twitch and one's head-butting me insisting that it is feeding time at the zoo while the other one offers (vocal) assistance. Got to love them!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread