+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Here's my good news - it looks like the little kitten 'Kasma' has found what seems to be a really good 'forever home'. The apartment is being checked out, but I met the cutest 'middle-aged gay couple' as they put on their application. She was all hissy when she met them, and they just turned to each other and said it was a good sign Their 18 year old kitty died, and they wanted a new companion for their other kitty. They were the cutest couple, I loved there interactions - you could see they had love to spare. If the rescuer doesn't call by 9/10 - then she has a really nice home!

No to work on my old-timer Bo. . . .Of course, her foot fetish means I get GREAT massages, so she can stay a while longer.

I'm on vacation this week!
    *hides razor and alarm clock*

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I'm on vacation this week!
    *hides razor and alarm clock*
    I know the feeling Unk, mine's coming up next week and I need it BAD! Enjoy youself!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I hesitate to even post this in case it goes badly, but I start another new job tomorrow morning. Since I'm in my hometown, where salaries are a little higher, this one pays better. It's just slightly further away from home than the last position (1.7 miles vs. 1.4) and will, hopefully, be a job I enjoy. I'll be working at a publishing company proofreading text books. I'm sure that sounds boring to some people but to me, it sounds like heaven! i'm the one who finds errors in the books I read for pleasure. So please, cross fingers for me that this one isn't a dud like the last job!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good luck, Critical!

I'm getting married sometime next April. It's been a total whirlwind, but once you find the one, you just go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    Good luck, Critical!

I'm getting married sometime next April. It's been a total whirlwind, but once you find the one, you just go for it.
    We won't let you off that easy...last week you were still trying to head to New York and cooking school, and suddenly this? Spill that story!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Spill that story!
    *pulls up chair next to queen, elbow on knee, chin in hand* Talk to us Sleepy.

Unklescott - what are your vacation plans? If you want to visit New Englad, I'll dust off the welcome mat.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Unklescott - what are your vacation plans? If you want to visit New Englad, I'll dust off the welcome mat.
    My vacation will consist of playing catch up on housework, laundry, taking clothes to Goodwill, etc. Spring cleaning in the middle of summer. Thanks for the invite however.
    So much for sleeping in this morning. Stupid cat still expects to be fed at 5:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    My vacation will consist of playing catch up on housework, laundry, taking clothes to Goodwill, etc. Spring cleaning in the middle of summer. Thanks for the invite however.
    So much for sleeping in this morning. Stupid cat still expects to be fed at 5:30.
    Here we go again. I believe it was about this time last year that you insulted that poor cat, with the same reasoning. I think that all you need to do is discuss it with him and suggest that you BOTH sleep in for few days. He looks very intelligent and I'm sure he'd be reasonable.

+ Reply to Thread