+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Ummmm dberk. You're kidding, right? Ana - you tease! I would kill for a homemade bowl of Huhnerfleischnudelnsuppe right now (my 6th graders love that word). Believe me, Ben has a lecture coming, but he DID mow the lawn which was becoming an embarrassment. I thought I'd stick with positive reinforcement for the moment. I let him go to RI with a friend to visit his girlfriend instead of babysitting me today. Finally - peace and quiet.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    please remember that I'm from a huge family so we naturally have had many, many combined experiences.
    So, here goes.
    One of my nephews was mowing barefoot and stumbled, fell, whatever, and the mower took off a good part of a foot. It included his big toe and that is your balancing toe. He had to relearn walking.
    Mudah - you have many lessons to share with all of your experiences. You should write a book. Something in the style of the late Erma Bombeck that would be snarky but drive home valuable lessons. I'd buy one!

Gut - enjoy the peaceful trankquility of an empty house.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh summer days...

Didn't Erma Bombeck write a lot about *gasp* HOUSE KEEPING?? I don't know much about that subject.
    Besides, if you check Oasis you'll see that I have an editing gig coming up that will occupy my time.

Gut, your stories about the hospital so remind me of my mother. She had a heart attack and was being wheeled throught the ER with an oxygen mask on. She said something, the nurse asked her what she said, Mom ripped the mask off and said "Roll me back around one more time, that doctor standing over there is really cute." Mom was about 80 at the time. During another hospitalization she was having bad gas. Some idiot aide made a remark about it and Mom came back with "Had I known this was going to happen son I would have eaten rose petals for you." She was a great woman. Between her and my father I have no choice but to be the silly guy I am.

And unless you've ever worked in a hospital you can not know how much the personnel enjoy that kind of patient.
    Unk, your mom sounds like a lady I would like to have known.
    Gut is a lady I'm glad that I DO know, along with a whole bunch of other Forters.

Yea Gut! I'm so glad to hear your doing so well! I've been thinking about you, especially since for the remainder of the summer I have direct patient contact at work. I would love it if everyone could have your great attitude - it really helps a person to heal.

Just got back from an hour of my daughter's final campfire... silly songs, awards, slide show, etc. I'm tired, but it was fun. I was a big camper when I was young, so it brought back memories.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I had a great week with my daughter at soccer camp. 2 coaches came from England and were FANTABULOUS with the kids. She had a ball and is really psyched up for the fall soccer. It just made me happy

CCL
    Gutmutter: I love reading about your hospital experiences - you keep such a positive mindset & entertaining attitude. Good on you. I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope all the dang stuff is out now!! And your friend giving you the blue afghan was fabulous - she sounds like a good friend to have.

Moonskinchild - congrats on everything!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My exciting news is that this morning I ran my first 5K, and finished in 33 minutes and 42 seconds. My only goals for the run was to actually run the whole thing and not be the last person over the finish line and I accomplished both.

+ Reply to Thread