+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree796Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Gut, I'm so glad you are home and well. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Congratulations everyone. (sorry I'm not up to date on everyone, but I'm on vacation and just popping in every now and then)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Glad you are home, Gut. Get your rest.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm such a FORT-ho. I'm really going to bed now. Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. I thought of you today and knew you were with me in spirit.
    Count your blessings!

Hey Goooooot, been thinking about you. I have been a bit busy lately with 2 of my girls' backpacking friends showing up, so I have 4 teens in the house and they kind of take up the computer!!!! Well, not kind of! Anyways, get lots of rest, and treat your stomach right...lol. I love the sound of your wigs by the way. I am sure you will wear them with style.

Hey canuck - glad to hear you have a house full of kids. Enjoy. I've been waiting for someone to post so I wouldn't double post. I was about to start banging pots and pans together. Now I can tell about yesterday. Since they were fitting me in on less than a day's notice, I got there at 12 and cooled my heels (among other things in a johnny) until 3 or 4. You aren't allowed to wear jewelry, so I sort of lost track of time. My friend stayed with me knitting and talking. She has been working on a knitted soft blue afghan for quite a while and just before I got called to the operating room, she cast it off, finishing it and presented it to me. I was flabbergasted. Anyway, I went to pre-op which is about 15 open stations side by side with closable curtains. The other two times it was full up, but I was the only one there yesterday. Two nurses were talking about a white haired doctor who needed a chart and one said he was blonde, not white. The other one said no, she remembered when he had brown hair, his white hair was just yellow. We were the only 3 people in the room at that point so I joined in and told them they should recommend that he use blueing on his hair. They asked if that's what old ladies use and I told them it is in the laundry aisle to use on white clothes. They thought that was hysterical. I reminded them that I had difficult veins and should get hot towels. I got an Asian guy and a Slavic gal - both with heavy accents - working on me. I was telling them what I could, "No, don't go for that one on the back of the hand. It doesn't work and I end up with a big bruise." Finally the guy numbed the inside of my wrist and went for a deep vein using some sort of geiger counter from the sounds it made to locate it. I turned to the techie taking my info and said, "Do you think I should tell them it's a prosthesis?". When he finally got it in the other gal was saying, "Take it out! take it out! It's going to blow! (what am I - an oil well?) and he said, "No, look it's not getting any bigger. Just wait a minute." Finally it must have stabilized because that's the one they went with, taping my hand down in an extended position to some sort of block. The Slavic gal was not convinced or happy about it. So they are finally ready to get me into the room and the phone rings. The head of surgery wants to call it off because it's too late. I heard my oncologist persuading him that it would be quick and I bounce back quickly from anesthesia. She must have won because they wheeled me in. Let me say here, that I never felt her to be a warm person before. Very professional, but cold. I'm sure she sees so many patients that I was little more than a number to her. But when she mentioned she was so tired when she came in, I joked that I hoped she could stay awake for another hour and she said it was just that she missed her 3-year old daughter who had been asleep when she left that morning. I started asking questions and saying how 3 is the perfect age, so we made a little connection that never hurts. Things went smoothly. One nurse when I came in the operating room said, "Oh, no. Look who's back." She sat herself right down next to my head and we chatted and joked at every point that I was lucid. There were two residents there and one reminded me that she had been there when the doctor told me it was a second cancer. I apologized to her for using a swear (sh*t) and she laughed that I would still be concerned about that weeks later. So once I got to post op, everyone was shutting down computers and cleaning up. I told them they could put me right into a wheel chair and down to the car, but they have their rules, so I stayed put for a while. Finally the nurse read me my rights, I mean post op instructions, and took me for my trial walk. I told her I could skip and skipped two steps. She grabbed my arm and said, "STOP THAT". I smiled right into her face and said I would stop if she would send me home. So she did and I got home just in time to tape Big Brother for my daughter at camp. I feel great, but am going to take it easy today. Daughter #1 comes home for the weekend for her birthday (from college), and Daughter #2 comes home from camp tonight. My son mowed the lawn while I was gone - in his bare feet (first time this summer, so don't cheer too loudly), so I can stop nagging him about that. Love you all. Thanks for everything.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-29-2005 at 10:30 AM.
    Count your blessings!

I am laughing about the yellow haired doctor. I can't imagine why his wife hasnt't told him about White Minx. Well, anyway, you're on the mend today so all's well, right? I thought of you a lot yesterday. The only draw back to this internet thing is that you can't be with your friends when they might could use an extra shoulder, or meal.
    Please tell me that kid was on a riding mower.

No - push. His feet looked like the Jolly Green Giant's (size 15).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    No - push. His feet looked like the Jolly Green Giant's (size 15).
    My youngest son (age 15) also wears a size 15 shoe. I am having the hardest time finding shoes that he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudah
    The only draw back to this internet thing is that you can't be with your friends when they might could use an extra shoulder, or meal.
    Wouldn't a nice bowl of Ana's homemade chicken noodle soup hit the spot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    My youngest son (age 15) also wears a size 15 shoe. I am having the hardest time finding shoes that he likes.
    My son used to cram his feet into size 13's to be in style.

Gut (Goot), I'm still freaking out over them putting an IV in your prosthesis! It's good to hear you're doing well. My advice is to stop being so entertaining so they stop inviting you back for an encore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana

Wouldn't a nice bowl of Ana's homemade chicken noodle soup hit the spot today?
    May I bring the iced tea and chocolate cream cheese cake for dessert?
    I thought so.

Gut, if you want to smack the kid around for mowing without shoes, just tell him that I okayed it. I know how weary you all probably get with all my stories, but please remember that I'm from a huge family so we naturally have had many, many combined experiences.
    So, here goes.
    One of my nephews was mowing barefoot and stumbled, fell, whatever, and the mower took off a good part of a foot. It included his big toe and that is your balancing toe. He had to relearn walking.

So, Ben, listen up! Shoes in the future, you hear?

+ Reply to Thread