+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

JamiLee - I am so proud of you for having the courage to put him away and post here. You know the people here will support you.
    Count your blessings!

GOOD for you, JamiLee... I'm proud of you. No human being deserves to go through that kind of abusive treatment. I give you lots of credit for speaking out about it..you're right, it certainly may help others in the same situation. Thanks for doing so.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    And Dag, aren't good mechanics just heartwarming? They are so often judged as price gougers, but I remember when a friend and I went on a road trip and the radiator cracked - the emergency thruway mechanic, who by all stereotypes should have just taken our credit cards, didn't charge us ANYTHING, he said the cookie we gave him was enough and couldn't help picturing us as his daughters. (we were 18/19 at the tiem)
    Great story! My first ex (oh...that sounds so bad...) is a mechanic. Most likely the best in town. He has always taken care of my cars - and we've been divorced over 20 years now. He's the best - and such a dear. Never charges me, either. I blew the engine in my Eclipse last summer - and he did $3000 worth of work for free. (except parts, of course) Once you find a good one, I say stick with him. Although you don't necessarily have to marry him....

Here's my little bit of good news. One of my students last night came up to me after class and said I inspired her, ahhhh. I always worry about this class because they are adults, and in general older than I am - so I feel I have to work extra hard to show why I can be up there teaching them (it's a verbal/writing course). So it was so great to get that feedback!

Wow Glitter- that is terrific.
    I serve on the Board of Education for a public school district. Great teachers are worth their weight in gold - unfortunately we don't have the funding to pay them what they are worth (thanks to NCLB-or NOT.) Once in a while - you get paid with praise and no better praise from an inspired student. Continue to do that great job and you will get your payments in blessing that cannot be stored in the local bank.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I actually got a good piece of news when I came into work today. Friday I won this big issue for a client. That wasn't the good news--we were right the whole time, and it wasn't that difficult, just a lot of hours. The good news is that *finally* I got some recognition for it within the firm. I have a very narrow area of expertise, and I really get the feeling that some folks around here think I've got nothing to contribute (partly because I'm not what I deem loud & obnoxious). I don't think this is going to translate into a promotion or more money, but being recognized after being here over 2 years really is kind of nice.

FORT Fogey
    Congrats PhoneGrrl on making a good impression among the others in the firm!

Great Job PhoneGrrl!!

Well, time for my good news story. Since our Dear Fort Friend Guttmutter has been having her troubles, I considered it a kick in the pants to get a complete check up. Got results yesterday.
    1. Mammogram - clean.
    2. Cholesterol - a bit high. (Eat better and get more cardio in.)
    3. Had a genetic screen done to see if I was predisposed to blood clots. - NO!! My blood clot was a result of a pregnancy/hormonal thing so not to worry.
    4. Had 4 moles removed yesterday. (I will spare you the nasty details - ewwww!) The doc said from what he could see, the pathology should come back fine.
    So for a lady of 41, it would appear that I am in relative good shape.

thats good news Ana Bannana, and JamiLee - keep looking out for yourself and the offspring- good for you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ADK WOW, ANOTHER GREAT LOOKING BRIDE I DIDN'T GET TI KISS......Con grats on the marrage,,,, a long and happy life to you

JAMILEE WAY TO GO ....I know that is the hardest step to take and you did it and it worked....

+ Reply to Thread