+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 829 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it.

toothdoc

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Right on ToothDoc. That's the best news I've heard in a very long time. I'm thrilled for you. My brother hit his 5-year anniversary not long ago, and it's just such a great feeling. I'm glad you're here.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Toothdoc and JD, thank you for sharing your good news. My sister just completed her second round of chemo and has a great attitude. It helps hearing about success stories-makes me more optimistic!

Congratulations to famita, J.D. and toothdoc. Mr. Roseskid had cancer 20 years ago, so we know how important these milestones are. Great news.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Toothdoc and JD, thank you for sharing your good news. My sister just completed her second round of chemo and has a great attitude. It helps hearing about success stories-makes me more optimistic!
    famita,
    My thoughts are with you and your family. Don't ever give up hope. I firmly believe that a great attitude is the key. Medicine can only do so much for you. I knew I was in God's hands and that I would be fine. Yes, there were some very difficult times but I made it through.

A man I know and his brother were both diagnosed with prostate cancer. Literally, everything about their cancers was the same. The only difference was attitude. One stayed upbeat and said I'm going to beat this. His brother said oh poor me, I'm going to die. Yep, his brother didn't make it.

toothdoc

I have to echo what toothdoc said. My sister had a triple bypass. She wasn't worried. Her doctor said he wished everyone had her attitude. She was out of the hospital in no time compared to the normal stay. Attitude plays a major part in recovery.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I have to echo what toothdoc said. My sister had a triple bypass. She wasn't worried. Her doctor said he wished everyone had her attitude. She was out of the hospital in no time compared to the normal stay. Attitude plays a major part in recovery.
    My mom had bypass surgery (along with diabetes). If she listened to everything she was told, she'd be more or less an invalid right now. She believed she would get through fine, she believed she could go on and live a normal life, and she is. Her 8 year anniversary of that surgery was August of this year. I am so proud of her.

FORT Fogey
    Tooth Doc, that's GREAT news! It really made me smile

My good news is I got straight A's on my report card! Whoohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    My good news is I got straight A's on my report card! Whoohoo!
    Keep that up and you'll get a scholarship to Iowa to play field hockey.
    Way to go Pinkie.
    ETA They still have one of the top college teams don't they ?

That's awesome pinkieparrot!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread