+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

THANKS SO MUCH for Sharing those wedding pics ADK! It looks like a beautiful day. The girls looked adorable and the dresses were beautiful! Much love and congratulations for your new family

ADK you look absolutely radiant! The scenery is amazing! Enjoy the married life.

CCL
    Congratulations, ADK!
    The wedding itself looked beautiful - lovely dresses, great scenery, everything beautiful.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The wedding took place in my folks yard - its quite amazing, acres of perennial gardens, all maintained by them (with a little help from my sister).
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awww, what gorgeous pictures ADK! I can feel the love. You look absolutely stunning, the girls look like little brides (too cute ), and I'm telling you, Eric looks just like my brother (who is incredbly good looking as well ).

Those pictures just make me want to smile. BIG.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Beautiful pictures, ADK. You all looked great. Congratulations again.

My good news: I took my truck to my friends boyfriend to fix the brakes. He is a mechanic and does work on the side. He was going to charge me $20 plus parts. I bought the parts, they came up to $38 so it would cost a total of $58 which isn't bad. He got under my truck and the breaks are fine, the problem is an adjustment cable on the rear tire. It was a $3 part so the whole thing cost me $23 and my truck stops well now!

Plus, when I mentioned I wanted it to be safe to drive to Vegas he checked all my fluids and filled them for free. Gotta love friends who live with mechanics that love to work on cars even on their off days.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-24-2005 at 08:11 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

well I could certainly share some bad news but, I'm trying to be positive. I posted once in a private forum briefly about an ex being abusive. I felt funny about it. Now I'm not feeling ashamed about it and I feel I have to hold my head up and deal with it. The more I am open about it the less shame I will feel.

My ex-boyfriend was extremely abusive. This last time I was stupid enough to make a choice to go back I thought I was dead. I ended up in the hospital for 2 days. I may have to get a cast on my leg. I'm fighting that one. (just a hair line fracture)
    lot of bruises and cuts.

It's a few days later since the episode whatever.

The good news is I finally stood up to him and he's in jail.

Scary to write about it. But, if it helps another woman on here "come out" or a man/ then it's worth mentioning.

He won't be getting out for a long time and I'll just live day to day until then.

I'd rather focus on the good than the bad.

Hope this doesn't turn anyone off. It may but, I feel like I am not going to be shamed and I was there before and those days are over. No woman or man ever, ever deserves another human being putting their hands on them. NEVER.

If someone hurt my daughter I'd kill them.

OK off rant.

good news: he's gone because I stood up for myself.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

I'm proud of you JamiLee. It's never easy to break the cycle. I've never been a victim of physical abuse, but I'm not a stranger to the mental and emotional kind.

CCL
    Good for you, Jami. A big and to you.

Dagwood - very cool to have mechanics that will help you out! Enjoy your Vegas trip!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Way to go Jami! That's great news. And I, for one, am in no way turned off. It's great to know this board is populated by strong women.

And Dag, aren't good mechanics just heartwarming? They are so often judged as price gougers, but I remember when a friend and I went on a road trip and the radiator cracked - the emergency thruway mechanic, who by all stereotypes should have just taken our credit cards, didn't charge us ANYTHING, he said the cookie we gave him was enough and couldn't help picturing us as his daughters. (we were 18/19 at the tiem)

+ Reply to Thread