+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I had my first class of the second semester teaching my adult learners. The day was hot, humid, and nasty and the building confusing. I got lost finding the place, finally get there and see a bunch of people already in the room. I ask if this is the English class, they say yes, and I collapse into the chair at the front of the room. Then one older woman (and they are ALL older than me, which I like ) asks if I'm the teacher. I say yup, and proceed with the class - which went well. These people are smarter than my last group, so I have to strengthen my lesson plans, but there was great participation and discussion from EVERYone, I was impressed.

Off to review their papers (I make them all do an essay the first day of class so I know what to focus on for the remaining 5 weeks)

I love my class.

Yea, Glitter! Congrats on a great first day with a new class! It sounds like you've got a great group of students this semester!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I bet you look smokin', chrelsey!

Glitter, I'm so happy your first day went well.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Gutmutter, I'm so happy that you are doing well. I just logged onto FORT today and read the whole story (prompted by the many well wishes to you in FORTers avatars, how nice!)

I've had family go through the exact same thing you had done, and I know it is a difficult situation to be put through. Kudos to you for keeping you sense of humor during the whole ordeal. I will say a prayer for you and for your quick recovery.

Thanks Glennajo. I overdid it a little yesterday since I wasn't feeling any pain or tiredness. I've been taking it easy today. Glitter- have fun with your new class! Sounds like you've hit it off already.
    Count your blessings!

Best wishes, Gutmutter. don't overdo, though..take it easy, and let others help you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I am child free for a couple of weeks!

My sitter goes to Oregon for a couple of weeks each summer so my friend keeps my daughter. She lives about 30 miles away so she keeps her during the week and I will pick her up Friday and drop her back off on Sunday. In total she has her tonight and tomorrow then for the next two weeks during the week. No clue what I am going to do with all my time, though.

edited to add
    Don't get me wrong, I love my baby and will miss her, but it is nice to have a break from being a mom.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Woo hoo! Sounds like it's party time at Dagwood's house!!!

Seriously, enjoy the time! I know that you love her and will miss her - but "you" time is so rare when you have kiddos!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT party at dagwood's house! I vote for a BBQ party. Which day is best for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    FORT party at dagwood's house! I vote for a BBQ party. Which day is best for everyone?
    Has to be during the week, she will be home on the weekends. Otherwise my calendar is free.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread