+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree818Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Gut, I'm glad to see that you kept your sense of humor through this whole thing. Take good care of yourself sweetie.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Way to go Gut! That sounds hilarious, and I love the lightening strike at the end, very prophetic. glad to hear you're okay and everything went well!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    My good news is along the same lines as dberk's - in the past six weeks I've managed to lose a grand total of 32 lbs! I'm so excited! I was trying on stuff in my closet yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into for years and years - and the clothes are beginning to fit again! I don't mind throwing out my "big" clothes - I've got a closet full of smaller ones to look forward to - it's like getting a whole new wardrobe!
    Good for you! How did you lose it so fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Good for you! How did you lose it so fast?
    Thanks, Marleybone! I'm simply counting calories and exercising. I eat under 1,000 calories a day - and even though some would say that's not good, I'm eating three balanced meals a day, making sure to always include proteins, fruits, veggies, etc. I haven't cut anything out at all (i.e., carbs, sugar or fat), as I believe that our bodies need all of those things - just in moderation! Also, about every two weeks, I've let myself splurge when we've gone out to eat with friends. My favorite "splurge" is mexican food, especially chips and salsa, but I've also enjoyed a margaritta (or two!), chinese food, etc. I just make sure that I get right back to my routine the next day.

My exercise routine is really simple - 3-4 times a week I walk - either outside or on the treadmill - at least one mile, but often two. I need to be more regular with my exercising . . . I tend to not make it as much of a priority as I should.

I can't tell you how good it is to fit back into some of my old clothes! This time I'm going to throw away all of my larger clothes . . .they are no longer going to be welcome in my closet!

My goal would be to lose another 50 lbs. I know that sounds like a lot - and if I let myself think of it like that - it would be. But I try to focus on how far I've come already, and that if I can make it this far, then I can reach my goal. Honestly, the hardest part was just deciding to do it, and being serious enough about it this time to stick to it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

CCL
    Good for you Chrelsey!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Gut (Goot), You are a scream! My favorite part was the pasta and the "I felt that." Just don't take your show on the road unless you take a laptop with you. I glad you're doing so well.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    ...So I get to see the inside of the operating room this time and they start and suddenly I say, "I can feel that" and next thing I know, I'm dreaming about Jewelsy...
    Wow Gut, I just noticed this part.

Uh, do you remember what I was saying or doing or was I the one turning up the morphine drip?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

That's GREAT, Chrelsey! Congrats!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Wow that's a lot of weight you lost CHRELSEY! Keep up the great work!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    That's great Chrelsey
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread