+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Well Gut - glad to hear things went well for the most part. I have to say, your sense of humor is quite amazing. To be a fly on the wall when you were trying to dial in a station - priceless; and totally got the angel hair joke.

Gut, I'm glad to see you maintained your wonderful sense of humor throughout. It certainly helps. Sounds like you did have a staff from Looney Tunes taking care of you. Rest, relax and take care of yourself.

The problem is, I don't even feel like I had surgery today. I have no pain! I haven't taken a single Tylenol. I've eaten and snacked and I want to go see what I missed at BB6 even though it's way past my bedtime. I guess it can wait 'til tomorrow. Last time I was a complete zombie. Of course I was completely out for 4 or 5 hours then between the two surgeries with a biopsy in between. I'm rambling now. Maybe I am tired after all.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Gutmutter, you're just crazy. I'd be freaking out and you are dialling your nips and making pasta jokes. You're my hero!

Glad you're feeling good.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The techie that cracked me up both times was Nina (hi Nina!). One of the funniest things ever was after I got the 5 dye shots to the nip (last time) the doctor signed my breast. Nobody had told me that every doctor had to sign it along with me and that just cracked me up. I mean tears running down my face laughing. There was an intern and a new techie observing that day and I asked if they wanted to sign it, too. Then I asked the techie if she wanted me to sign hers since it was her first dye job. (Nina told me today that the next patient who had the same thing done freaked out totally, screaming and twitching all over the table). I had told Nina after it was over, "That was fun, we'll have to do it again sometime", never dreaming that sometime would be two weeks later.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Gutmutter, I'm so glad it's over and you are able to find humor in it all. I can't believe you had to explain the pasta on the wall... even I got it.

Gut - You are amazing! I'll bet the doctors, nurses, techs, etc. love having you as a patient! I'm sure that your positive attitude and sense of humor will help with your recovery.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Mutter!

Glad you're feeling well!

Gut. I think you should take a bag of marshmallows back to the hospital and use Queenb's idea of starting a marshmallow fight with the stooges who were executing their comedy routine today.

I've been gone for a little while, but finally got caught up on everyone's good news!

Gut - I am so glad that everything went so well this time around! And yes, like everyone else, I got the pasta joke right away!

ADK - Congrats!!! I found my wedding vows from almost 6 years ago and was reading through them just last night . . . ah, the memories! I know that your special day was one you will look back on and treasure for the rest of your life!

dberk - Congrats to you too! That's awesome!

My good news is along the same lines as dberk's - in the past six weeks I've managed to lose a grand total of 32 lbs! I'm so excited! I was trying on stuff in my closet yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into for years and years - and the clothes are beginning to fit again! I don't mind throwing out my "big" clothes - I've got a closet full of smaller ones to look forward to - it's like getting a whole new wardrobe!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread