+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I'm in and out of here quickly because a massive thunderstorm just hit, but I'm home and much, much better than last time. Hardly any sedation - I was awake for much of the surgery. Can't wait to read about ADK and answer PMs, but can't risk the computer now.
    Glad to see you back so soon. Have a restful recovery.

That's great news Gut! I am so happy everything went well.

I'm in and out of here quickly because a massive thunderstorm just hit, but I'm home and much, much better than last time. Hardly any sedation - I was awake for much of the surgery.
    I hope they were more thorough this time and you don't have to go back. 'Glad you are doing well.

My good news is that I have another pair of slacks to go in the "Too Big" section of my closet. Unfortunately they were my favorite pair.

I'm in and out of here quickly because a massive thunderstorm just hit, but I'm home and much, much better than last time. Hardly any sedation - I was awake for much of the surgery. Can't wait to read about ADK and answer PMs, but can't risk the computer now.
    Gut - I've been thinking about you all day and hoping that everything went well with the surgery. I'm so glad that this one was better than the last Now we will all have to pray that the thunderstorm passes soon so you can get back on here quickly!

ADK - Congratulations! We will be waiting for pictures!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That's great news Gut! I've been thinking about you all day too. ADK, I am so happy for you. I'm also waiting for the pictures.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Gut, so glad everything went so well and I'm happy you're home, safe and sound.

ADK!!! Can't wait to see pictures, sweetie!

jluvs How cool is that! Sounds like fun.

dberk It looks like you need to buy another pair of 'favorite' slacks. Good on you.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

How did I miss commenting on this?

ADK, congratulations!

I'm sure your big day was beautiful, and I wish you nothing but the best! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Congrats, ADK! Was your sig line part of your ceremony? It's lovely.

Best wishes and bring on the wedding photos!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

ADK you did it! woot! woot! Now you need to find Mr. ADK a CD of the musical Camelot with the song, "How to Handle a Woman". The best advice for newlywed grooms. Settle in if you want to hear a comedy about a hospital. If you haven't been following along the convoluted tale, feel free to skip this post. I got there at 6:30 for a 7:00 arrival time (driving in cities phobia) after listening to my ride talk about herself the whole hour down. I got johnied up and read a mag. A hot Latino guy comes to take me to get wired (wait for it*). He gives new meaning to "whisked" me to my destination in my wheelchair. I found out later he's called Speedy Gonzales by the staff. *They had to put a wire guided by ultrasound to the metal marker the MRI dr. put in me. Well the doctor doing that got extremely confused about the sequence of my trip. (MRI found something, ultrasound couldn't find it, surgery, MRI biopsy, pathology says more cancer). They whip out all the many X-rays and they are wet! The wheelchair had been left out in the rain, got water in the back pocket where they put them on the way down. They spent 15 min. drying them out all over the room. Surgery calls down looking for me and they haven't even started! I'm just lying there on a gurney waiting. They do an ultrasound to find the marker - can't find it, but have no problem finding the cancer!!!! (that couldn't be found by ultrasound before). Put the wire in to it... there is a foot of wire hanging out like an antenna so I pretend to dial my nips and ask what station they want to listen to. I have the same techie I had last time when they put dye in with 5 shots around the nips and 2 people obvserving and we were cracking each other up so bad I hardly noticed. When the Dr. told me this time the wire would be like Angel Hair I asked if I could throw it against the wall when I was done. *crickets* I had to explain about testing pasta... nevermind. They taped down the wire and sent me into mammo to be sure and tell me after those results that the marker has migrated away from the cancer. Good job on that! Meanwhile surgery has called 5 times. I finally get up there and warn them about my nonexistant veins in my left arm. They try unsuccessfully (again) 3 times and finally my doctor just tells them to go ahead and do my right arm where I have a very successful blood donation vein (O-). The anesthesia Dr. comes in and asks what kind of anesthesia he's giving me. Hello? Isn't that your job? He runs off to ask the Dr. - I'm to be awake. Good. So I get to see the inside of the operating room this time and they start and suddenly I say, "I can feel that" and next thing I know, I'm dreaming about Jewelsy. I come in and out and every time I say, "I can feel that" I'm out again. Next thing I know I'm sewn up and they're waiting for the radiology report to say they got it all and they did so I go to recovery where the nurse FREAKS that they put the IV on the operating side (it just isn't done). I am amazingly alert and hungry and ask her to call my friend. They can't get through to her cell phone. (I obsessively grilled her about staying out of no service zones). I get some apple juice, read a mag. No pain, no disorientation. I'm allowed to get dressed and go to the bathroom. Still no friend. She finally calls to see what my progress is and is told I've been waiting, so she zooms over. She wants to go out for a late lunch on the way home and though I'm not supposed to eat solid food, I'm starving, so I go and have a light lunch, sleep on the way home, and here I am. My daughter made me a light dinner of zucchini and parmesian, I've struggled with the computer. After my brief note here, lightning was striking all around and it wasn't shutting down. I *gasp* had to unplug it - in the nick of time. The next bolt took out my tv and vcr. Thank you for letting me get all that off my chest. Wacky day! They never got my pre-testing in. ha. It was expired by 3 days from my last time.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-18-2005 at 10:49 PM.
    Count your blessings!

And I thought my day was something. Gutmutter so glad you're home. keep us posted as you see fit. We are all thinking of you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread