+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1228 1234567891011511015011001 ... LastLast
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar

Talk about your troubles

I have created this thread so all of us at the FORT can help each other out with our troubles and give each other advice or well wishes. I have been at the FORT for over a year now and I have seen how we can help each other out. We're all intelligent and mature, now let's help each other out.

If you feel a problem is too personal to make a post about, PM me or any others who may volunteer (only if you want) and I will do my best to give you any support or advice you need.

Let's keep this thread PG-13. Thank you.

Here is my trouble:

My uncle died yesterday of pneumonia. He was very close to me and my moods are going up and down. I was his favorite niece, he always used to tell me that. My mother and I have been remember all the good things about him, but I just need someone to talk to besides those in my immediate family.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Oh MSC, my condolences on the loss of your uncle. It's ok for your feelings to go up and down. Just remember that everyone deals with death in different ways and whatever makes things easier for you is ok. Best wishes.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

OH BOY..............problems? we got hit by Hurricane Frances hard and as a result we have no power,no water,no telephone and no chance of geting it back anytime before Christmas.FEMA and the state of Florida have been amazingly unhelpful and as a result,many of us are getting sick because we have no food and no way of getting any.
    I am at my parents' house,who,because of their income,have power.(In Florida they turn your power on according to how much you pay them every month)
    Basically we are screwed.
    Real life is over rated...play the Sims instead!

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Thank you, Star, I really appreciate your support. I guess you're right, people deal with things differently, and this is my way of dealing with it I guess.

Sima, I hope things get better for you. But just be grateful that you are alive and well, even if unhappy. Things will get better.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'm sorry about your uncle MSC. And Sim, I hope things get better over there.

Sorry to hear that MSC and Sim.

My problem seem minor compared to those:
    - A friend who is 5'5 and only 18 who thinks he is the toughest thing on the planet and treats his body like he is an 80 year old man.
    - My tire is going flat, there is a nail in it and I had to drive home with it flapping away. Now my whole day today I worked my ass off to get a tire fixed.

But don't worry about me, just venting, I will be fine. A lot bigger problems out there than an annoying friend and a flat tire.

I'm sorry about your uncle, MSC. Star's right, mood swings are perfectly normal after the death of a loved one -- any reaction, pretty much, is normal. And it's ok to laugh at good memories of him, or let yourself feel happy about something else, without having to feel guilty.

Sim, good luck getting everything back in order.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm sorry too, MSC. Feel better.

My troubles are not really MINE, but I guess when the child has problems, mom gets them as well. My daughter lives in So. Florida, too, (they are in DC at her in-laws') and they've been told by Gov. Bush not to hurry home. They are barely making it financially - and with them not being able to get to work is not helping. I'm summoning the powers of my family to donate cash. They have no idea when they'll have power, etc. I guess Jimmy will be showering and basically living at the ice rink, leaving stinky Jess home with two stinky cats and no water.

However, like I read earlier - they are safe and well - things could be much worse. Lots of people lived with no electric and no running water for centuries, so my kids will get by. Thanks for listening (reading?).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    I have created this thread so all of us at the FORT can help each other out with our troubles and give each other advice or well wishes. I have been at the FORT for over a year now and I have seen how we can help each other out. We're all intelligent and mature, now let's help each other out.(

What a wonderful idea, Moon Skin Child! I am in complete agreement that the FORT is a really helpful place, and I support this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    Here is my trouble:

My uncle died yesterday of pneumonia. He was very close to me and my moods are going up and down. I was his favorite niece, he always used to tell me that. My mother and I have been remember all the good things about him, but I just need someone to talk to besides those in my immediate family.(

I'm so, so sorry that you lost your uncle. It's just horribly hard to lose people, especially when we're close to them, like you were. I'm glad to hear that you and your mom are focusing on all the good things about him. Even in this painful time those memories will still bring a smile to your heart.

Feel free to keep posting and to PM me if you ever need to just talk about things. It's great that we have each other here, and I'm glad that we're FOR EACH OTHER HERE.

Take care and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lizard likes this.

Troubles? How much time you got?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread