+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

To all of you, my FORT and online friends, my heart and prayers are yours.
    So sorry I cannot think of anything more encouraging to write at this time.

I wish you guys were in my area. The church I attend has a food feeding program and we gave out over 1.5 million pounds of food last year. Sometimes we give the people 30 pound boxes of chicken when we get it in but we give a minimum of 75 lbs. to each family once a month. Most of the time they get 10 lb bags of chicken. I have been volunteering in the program and the people in need we see go through is amazing. I have had people cry because they didn't know where their next meal was coming from. The only criteria you have to have is to be in the cities the food bank allows us to serve.

Victor's attempt at a joke while in the hospital while receiving his transfusion.

He posted this picture on one of his blog pages with the caption...

I wanna do bad things to you.... (True Blood reference)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Silly Rabbit!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4165867;
    Victor's attempt at a joke while in the hospital while receiving his transfusion.
    I like it. Zac told one of the doctors one day "It's easy for you to say it doesn't hurt, you're not the one laying here getting stuck all the time." It was priceless and we all laughed as Zac was laughing when he said it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This seems to have been an exceptionally bad week at FORT. Wishing I could do more than send wishes for all the health and employment situations to resolve.... Hugs all around.

My thoughts are going out to all of those who are going through difficulties, struggles, pains, and illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4165491;
    I am so disheartened because I do watch the news and read a wide variety of material and I frankly do NOT see the job situation in this country getting any better for YEARS. I know, I'm a real downer, but it's true. There are no jobs. There are no companies creating jobs in America. They are creating them overseas.
    I agree there are no jobs but disagree with the reason why, or at least disagree that exporting jobs is the biggest problem. Everyone seems to think they are going to other countries, but I clearly see something else that really doesn't show up on any kind of statistics. I think the current business model is to get the absolute maximum possible out of the minimum amount of workers, the hell with them if they go nuts, break down physically, or whatever. If that happens, GOOD, if we must have another body it will be a part timer with no or few benefits. Look in any retail store; more than half the registyers are always closed, no matter how long the line gets. Need help finding an item? It will take you five minutes to find help. My job went the same way--when I got laid off, I was doing the work that used to be done by two men, and hardly had time to go to the restroom. When they laid us off, they wanted to know if we would work part time, which might be one night some weeks, none, or possibly, rarely 3 days, with the net result of making about enough more than an unemployment check to put gas in the car.
    Other jobs have been eaten by computers , like my printing job ( the people laid off a year ahead of me were actually excess due to decreased newspaper circulation), any art related job I might have wanted to shift to, or even the above mentioned grocery store jobs, now that there are self checkout stands.

At any rate, I could care less if people think I am lazy for drawing UE for so long. I am working on my new degree as hard as I trying to get as much as I can done before the UE runs out, so that hopefully when it does I can work even at McD's or whatever for a while until my internship starts, at which point I hope what's left of my little savings will tide me over until I finish that part of my training.

Those who think I'm lazy can kiss it, I worked from the time I was 15, until I was 49, and was never without a job. If I don't die, I aim to keep working as long as I can when I finish school. Oh yeah, I have no one living here and helping out either. If they knew what an unemployment check is per week (about 1/4 of my old pay) people would know I can't afford bob-bons.

Still, I refuse to worry myself to death. And i'd rather have my problems than Buglover's, nennie's, or really, most anyone else's.
    My heart goes out to all of you here.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess it's better to work for yourself, in this day and time. I don't think I could do it, though, since I would have a hard time coming up with something that somebody else might find to be a valuable service. My friends who are cooking and baking stars are making a killing right now. The paths to their doors are HOT! I am so glad that I took "early" retirement 5 years ago, before things totally went to hell. My pension is really good, with free health insurance, to boot. Obviously, just in time. My prayers are for all of those who are struggling and miserable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread