+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks cootie. My mom is now in the home but only wants to sleep. The hospital somehow failed to tell us that my mom has kidney failure. Everyone thus far has been great and last night her pull up was wet and my sister fell apart and went and talked to the nurse and they immediately cleaned her up and the aid reassured her it wouldn't happen again. I was there today and the head nurse talked to us and reiterated that to make sure we come to her with our concerns. We know a lot of people there and that has helped.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hang in there, nennie. You all are definitely on the right track. Your presence means everything.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well Victor just got admitted to the hospital again. This time he has an abscess in the "lower" region from all of the diarrhea. He's on iv antibiotics and tomorrow they may surgically take a sample to ensure they are treating the right infection. He needs a transfusion because his hemoglobin is too low and to top it all off my hubby is the one who took him to his appointment today because I had a ton of work to be done. Now he's there with him waiting for a bed to become available and he has my car. Tonight my little man will have to be alone there because I have to tie up work stuff before heading out there tomorrow.

Because of this infection and his low levels, we may not be able to begin treatment next week and I still don't know what any of the CT scans or tumor marker tests showed because this infection is the only thing on the doctor's mind right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover, I'm sorry, I'm keeping you all in my prayers.
    nennie, keeping your family in my prayers too.

bug

FORT Fogey

Bug - so very sorry you have run into another wall. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the infection will be cleared up very soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

buglover & nennie, thinking of both of you and your loved ones.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Sometimes reading this thread, makes my heart ache. Bug: I'm so sorry to hear about Victor, and nennie I'm sorry to hear about the misshap with your Mother.

You two have strength beyond anything I can imagine. Somehow we find the courge to deal with what's been dealt to us in life, its not easy, but I can say reading this thread gives me the strength to deal with any issues I need to deal with, because its nothing compared to what others go through.

Wishing Victor a good night's sleep. Stay strong kiddo.

Aw, man, bug and nennie:
    My thoughts are with you.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread