+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

The testing they are doing we feel is necessary. We need to know for our peace of mind. Today they found ulcers that have been bleeding and that is where the loss of blood came from. The last test that they are going to do is the radiation drop and that will give us more of a clue to what happened in her brain. When that is done we then will have to move her to nursing home. Because of the fractures she will have to wear the back brace 3 months.

I would never put my mother through pain and suffering that wasn't needed but to go from mobility to immobility in a span of a few hours something went wrong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As long as you are getting helpful information, you are on the right track. You've got to admit that the playing field is uneven, though, when it comes to us being aware of what is and is not needed. Listenting to your inner voice is very important. Having a doctor that your inner voice tells you that you can trust and rely on is even more important. And it's not a bad idea to have a friend to accompany you on appointments so that they can ask questions that you may not think to ask. And take notes! And make no apologies for the decisions you make.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best of wishes to you at this time Nennie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4156294;
    Best of wishes to you at this time Nennie.
    Thank you bunny. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Today we start the journey on my mom going to the nursing home. As soon as we get everything set up she will be transferred to the home. Unless something changes the home is only 2 miles from my home and I can see her everyday and see she is taken care of properly.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4156430;
    Thank you bunny. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Today we start the journey on my mom going to the nursing home. As soon as we get everything set up she will be transferred to the home. Unless something changes the home is only 2 miles from my home and I can see her everyday and see she is taken care of properly.
    "Pop in" visits are a great way to actually find out what kind of care she is receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4156465;
    "Pop in" visits are a great way to actually find out what kind of care she is receiving.
    Yep they will never know when we will pop in. I know some of the staff at the home so I can talk with them about things. One of them is the lady who does the laundry and she was also my mothers neighbor who checked on her all the time so I know she will keep us posted.

nennie: Wishing for a smooth transition to the nursing home and speedy recovery for your mom.

Nennie,

My thoughts are wit you.
    Glad that you can check up on her.
    She looks so kind in that picture - kind of the way I expected her to, as she's YOUR mom.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My sister's BFF met with the oncologist the other day.
    He said she'll need a lot of checkups for the next 5 years - PET scans and the other they do - to ensure all is OK. He seems to think the lung cancer resulted from her compromised immune system - she's had myasthenia gravis for a number of years.
    While the biopsy on the uterine cancer showed OK, they are still wantying to go ahead with the ovarian biopsy.He said while some of the tumors have degenerated, others appear to have vascularized and he's concerned about that. She just can't seem to catch a break. We're praying for her with this latest news.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4156430;
    I remember going thru this very same thing with both of my parents about 6 years ago. My heart goes out to you and your mom. It's such a difficult time and really tugs at your heart.

+ Reply to Thread